Time for a new Beta Key Contest!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Megadestructo, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boxcar12

Boxcar12 Kobold

Ozzy the Skeleton Warrior

Life is tough for young skeletons in the inner city dungeons of Cardhunteria. These areas are riddled with crime, and gang life is the norm. Ozzy is one such unfortunate soul who was forced into joining his family gang, The Warriors. Being the youngest of five brothers, Ozzy was pushed into violence against the rival Vampire and Mummy gangs, The Bloods and The Crypts. It is the only life Ozzy has ever known.

2. Kayowah

Kayowah Kobold

Krunch the anachronistic Trog was born with an INT of 18 and visions of greatness for his people. Whenever his tribe returned with plunder, Krunch looked to the books and letters of their victims. Seen by his fellows as kindling at best, Krunch treasured his manuscripts and learned the ways of educated people. His latest acquisition, a tome documenting laws and the growth of civilization has inspired Krunch to be the first elder statesman of the Trog people.

3. Dervill

Dervill Mushroom Warrior

I'm Brennan the Trog Gouger. Me and my step brother Dale are planning to clear out our part of the dungeon. We wanna make room for more activities. Our real dream is to open many taverns where Trogs can sing like bards. But we need a lot of gold to make that happen. We've got a chest full so far. No body better touch our stuff.

4. inkBot

inkBot Kobold

Charles, the Festering Zombie

"All I wanted was to fish, but those kids had to steal their uncle's fishing dynamite. So I had to use a fishing rod. *Pfeh* Caught a... something or other... and got dragged under the water, drowned and ended up resurrected as a zombie. At least my boils are intact."

5. Pugs

Pugs Mushroom Warrior

The Festering Zombie makes two posters...

The Holy Crown of Great Power has been lost!
    Great Warriors, Wizards and Priests are implored to reclaim it from the evil forces lurking in the Dungeon of Despair.

The Corpse Cafe Grand Opening!
    Great Warrior, Wizard and Priest brains cooked to perfection!
    Enjoy a gray matter steak sandwich or whisked wizard's brain omelette in the picturesque surroundings of the Dungeon of Despair.

6. DeathofCaine

DeathofCaine Kobold

Oink.
    Armored Pig.

Would it be that he could go back and change the will of the gods, his would be a joyous life, ears filled with the delightful squeals of his brethren. However, the gods see fit to take his brothers at the whim of a dire wolfs breath. Woe is the pig for his ability to build structures grand? Nay. Woe are any who stand before his vengeance.

7. Joe Flasher

Joe Flasher Kobold

Piggly Wiggly the Armored Pig's story is one of woe and misery. PW tried to entertain musical ambitions at a young age, but was sadly turned away by the establishment. His overly stylistic squealing wasn't meant for the world at large. With not other options, PW's father, a fourth-generation Armored Pig himself, pushed Piggly into the family business. So now he roams the world, carrying out contracts for employers, but his ears are always tuned to the sound of the world, waiting for the day he can get back into music.

8. One time there was a boy named Davin. However one day he died. So his father tried to bring him back. After completing this however he realized the abomination he had created and tried to strike him down he failed, driving his son to insanity. Davin then attacked everyone in the village and it was burned down now only the ruins of the village lay there but some say they see a burning skeleton above a pool of water.

9. Belkra

Belkra Kobold

Mortelc - Skeleton

It wasn't enough that I served a king of old in his wars during that time. I have been called from my eternal rest to protect the interests of some dark wizard or another. My will is not my own so I have to use my prodigious skill once again to fight those that would kill my master. Will I finally see some rest after this battle?

10. Sully

Sully Kobold

Story of Goblin Hulk Joe...

Waiting for hero's to come, to stop them from reaching my master. SMASH, grab and hurt them I will. I leap from my hiding spot with a RAWR!!! Finding three hero's wondering alone, they knew I was waiting and smashed, grabbed and hurted me instead. I realized these were not my wishes, because before I fell I saw a glipse of a memory when not under my evil master High Preists spell.

11. Diabloshadow

Diabloshadow Kobold

Vulgrim, The Lich

Vulgrim was a man. he led a simple life as an adviser to his friend the King. One day he met a strange man at the tavern. The man thrust a book into his hands. Vulgrim studied it, after much research he determined it was evil and threw it away. He then thought, "I can help my king with it!" After awhile they noticed a change in him. One night he awoke to find his king dead, and blood on himself. He was forced to exile himself to a cave that he used to go to as a child. He learned from the book to live forever. He vowed to find his Kings killer, blaming everyone for the deed. While it was him all along.

I do apologize for the bit extra. this was 300 words (did not notice lol) and I didn't even want to trim it. I took as much away as I could without it taking away from the emotional ties. Anyway ENJOY!

12. Omar

Omar Kobold

Othello The pig

Othello, a peaceful pig, lived with his family and master on a farm. All was well until one day his master’s true colors were revealed. He was evil warlock! He threatened Othello to fight for evil, or else he would turn him and his family into bacon. In order to protect his family from becoming a tasty treat, Othello set aside his morals and fought on the side of evil.

13. Robert bird

Robert bird Kobold

Here's one you already named - Greenfang the Veridian Dragon

Formerly known as Soulburn the Crimson Dragon; I used to sear my victims to the point of only their soul was left. I was relaxing on the side of a hill enjoying the newest novel to Gestephine Meyerer's Craplight, when a loud commotion began to come from above me by an obviously sick yellow dragon. Evidently whatever he ate from Draco Bell did not agree with him. Well, he preceded to barf all of over me and the magical nature of Dragon puke turned me into the beast I am today.

14. Prinegon

Prinegon Kobold

Monster type: Kobold
    Name: War chief Grit'zirfik
    "Recruits", the kobold war chief Grit'zirfik yells, "the cruelity of humankind is beyond compare!
    They kill on sight, they even slaughter our women and children, and if captured, we'll be slain by their offspring for combat training purposes!"
    His voice trembles and nearly snaps in his rage and hatred. "But that they give shelter to our nemesis - the cat - is a crime we can't and won't forgive!"

15. Jules

Jules Kobold

Sneaky the Goblin

Dey killed dem! Dey killed dem all and dey gonna kill me too if dey find me. Phew, dey're leavin'. Dat was too close.
    Worst. Day. Ever. I gotta get away from dis dungeon.
    Hey! Dey left da loot! A spear! A shield! Yoink! I iz a spear goblin now!
    Girls dig a goblin wit' a spear and shield. I gotta get back to da barracks!

16. Zarin

Zarin Kobold

Mazoga the troglodyte

Mazoga rushes to a nearby stream to fetch fresh water to break her son's fever. As she thrusts the pail into the stream, Mazoga feels a sharp pain in her chest followed by two more. She looks down at the three arrows protruding into her and her blood escaping her quickly. She collapses into the stream thinking of her son and the rage she feels toward the adventurers across the creek that shot a troglodyte without question.

17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

This is my last attempt i really wish people could read the instructions clearly before they put time in. The fact is the rules are clearly written out this time so even if you do a masterful job i if you broke them you can't win.

18. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

No worries Wozarg. If they don't comply to the rules we've set out (within reason) then they just can't win a key is all.

19. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

I think he just doesn't want people to miss out on winning, due to not reading the rules. Friendly grumpy-happy neighbourhood demon that he is!

Megadestructo likes this.
  20. Mustaphamondo

Mustaphamondo Kobold

Her tusks agleam, her bristles stiff,
    Through howling wind and blinding rain,
    A pig named Oink proceeds to sniff
    for truffles buried – all in vain.

A kindly kobold tells her how
    their forest home’s beset with thieves.
    In armor now, the irate sow
    Is hungrier to see them grieve.

Behold! A cloaked one in the trees.
    Oink charges him with reckless pace.
    The wizard answers sorc’rously.
    She takes a fireball in the face.

One final thought goes through her head.
    No truffles now; bacon instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.