Time for a new Beta Key Contest!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Megadestructo, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogmaar

Ogmaar Kobold

The Tale of Ted, the Gnome Inciter
    Ted learned at a young age that his name was not quite the norm for gnomes. Other gnomes had names like ‘Snfilner’ or ‘Jaegernopper’, nothing like Ted. He was bullied thanks to this difference. The vocabulary this gave him as he grew he turned to the task of being an Inciter. “Hey Snfilner, that elf said your father was a dwarf!” “What? GGRAAAGGHH!!”

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Zombie

Father Sun rising
    Walking, walking
    A baby, my daddy throws me high, catching tickling laughing
    Father Sun at noon
    Walking, walking
    Young girl, feet in the river, goldfish nibbling her toes
    Father Sun behind me
    My shadow an arrow pointing
    Following, following
    Woman’s busy life, hunting gathering
    Father Sun travels below
    Sister Moon takes his place
    Biters in the village, life ebbs away
    Standing, waiting
    Embers of life gone by

3. Tryl

Tryl Kobold

Sooky, The Gnome Chaosmencer .

Sooky is a funny and carefree redhead gnome, she has been cursed and can't cast twice the same spell. Sooky decides to become the first Chaosmencer the only kind of sorcerer ignoring the effect of launched spell. After several dungeons she becomes a famous monster slayer but also the worst teammate!

"Oups!"

Womble likes this.
  4. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

Red-Eye the Cyclops.

“Red-eye” felt he was the unluckiest Cyclops in the dungeon. Conjunctivitis can ruin anyone’s day, but when you only have one eye and it takes up half your head you can get really grouchy. He only wanted help to stop the itching – but nasty adventurers never understood “arghh eeyyyyyeeeehuurrrrtttmaaakkkeiitttggooooddd” to mean “Are you an Optician”?

Red-eye had to stomp nasty adventurers because he was in a bad mood.

5. Meulie

Meulie Kobold

Gnoll
    Barf Ragskin

My tribe is strong, we hunt our prey, defend our people make lots of pups. Then pointy ears come, shoot arrows at us,we move on. Then bearded small folk come cut us down, we move on. Then smelly human come, we want to move on. Now we found job working for nice wizard, gives us tower to live in, weapons to defend ourselves with, magic to our shaman. Now we feast on pointy ears, make fire with bearded small folk, use smelly humans as rugs, life is good.

6. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

Cedric the Centipede wasn't sure when he first started suffering from athlete's foot but walking the corridors of the dungeon was not easy..........

7. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

i figured i should point out the rules again since a lot of people seam to be missing or missunderstanding them and its a shame to have your attempt at a beta key disqualified because you missed something.

8. Warrender

Warrender Kobold

Wilbur the Armored Pig.

Wilbur was a normal, happy pig living on a farm until, one day, the farmer raising him decided to put him up for slaughter. With the aid of his friend, a giant spider named Charlotte, Wilbur fought back against the brutal farmer and secured his freedom. Scrounging up bits of armor from the nearby barn, Wilbur set of in search of fame and fortune. His reputation has grown and everyone around agrees that he is "some pig".

9. Southeryn

Southeryn Kobold

Human Mercernary
    Bartlebee

Bartlebee decided to be a mercernary because he wasn't good at anything else in life. He once tried being a blacksmith but after burning down his father's workshop his parents told him to go make a living another way. He did well as a mercenary, he returned home with loads of coin to prove it. When he got home though his parents met him with a boot to the head and called him a common thug. He decided from then on he wouldnt just be a common thug he would be the best merc that ever lived.

10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Look for user diaries in the beta forums. There are plenty of information on in-game monsters there.

11. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

Frosty The Ice Dragon asks his mum, “Am I an Ice Dragon?”

“Of course - me and dad are Ice Dragons, so you’re an Ice Dragon”.

“But are you sure I don’t have any Golden Dragon in me?” he asks.

Grand-dad says the same thing. Frosty wasn’t convinced, so Grand-dad asks him....“What’s worrying you?”

“Well - if my parents are Ice Dragons and my grannies and grand-dads are Ice Dragons……then why am I always so cold?”

12. Thirandras

Thirandras Kobold

Benny - the Black Ooze

Life is not easy for an ooze, least of all for Benny. In Benny´s soul he was a philosopher, conjecturing about the implications of his existence as a gelatinous being, as well as the definition of life itself and it´s meaning.
    One day, Benny tried to share his visions with his kind as he hoped to achieve enlightment. He began: "Blob, Blob Blob...".
    Thus, Benny led a miserable existence...

13. Drakeye

Drakeye Kobold

Zhed the Lonely Wyvern

Cut off from the rest of the Wyverns, Zhed was captured by Trogs.
    Trogs raised Zhed as loyal pet, to serve them for evil purposes.
    Zhed will never forget his family, but he can not escape from their grasp ever....

14. Stonesthrow

Stonesthrow Kobold

Chief Craz - Orc Chieftain of the 100 13 Fists

No one understands the lonely and sad life of a leader more than Craz. Shortly after his idol, Chief Dux, bestowed upon him the honor of leadership after offering his skull to Craz's axe, it became apparent that he had chosen a hard life. He teared up when his lieutenants Gluk and Rarsh fell to their deaths at the Mar'duk bridge, but cutting it free was the best way to be finally rid of 22 of the belly aching losers who were friends of his brother's. A sob almost escaped when he decapitated his mother and eviscerated his 3 sisters for under cooking those dirty tasting human villagers.

Last night he decided that there had been enough death after losing his last of 3 patrols. What else could he do but chop off Gorg's hand? That idiot had told everyone his way of dealing with the puny little invaders that had come into his cragy domain was "stupid brained!" Every chieftain knows that a patrol of 4 mighty orc soldiers should have been able to deal with a stupid group of humans and elves no matter how shiny their armor or sparkly their spells!

There was only one way to take care of this problem: he will personally lead his remaining 5 brothers and that idiot Hook Hand Gorg himself to deal with this problem. For he is Chief Craz the Lonely, chief of the Clan of 13 Fists. And he will take care of these adventurers once and for all.

15. Søren

Søren Kobold

Manfred the Mad Cap Mushroom

When Manfred was still just a spore he developed an unquenchable thirst for dwarven blood. One day his colony was attacked by a throng of dwarves with a taste for sweet mushroom stew - leaving Manfred as the sole survivor. Later on after earning his blood-red Cap he settled in the deep caves below Homewood. There he still delves to this day - making many spores and planning his mad and bloody revenge.

16. Stonesthrow

Stonesthrow Kobold

Chief Craz - The Orc Chieftain of the 13 Fists

Chief Craz couldn't control his temper and made many poor leadership decisions, which lead to the demise of most of his clan. He is sad about this and is going to kill the bad adventurers. The end.

17. Cydt

Cydt Kobold

Aidan the fire imp.

Aidan was born into a flourishing farm family. As a dreamer he loved to doze off in the hay barn. But all successful companies have their enemies. One day the barn mysteriously caught fire. In a moment between dream and death, Aidan discovered his ability to control the surrounding flames. Just in time to save his life, but too late to prevent a red glow to be burned into his eyes forever.

18. Cid29

Cid29 Kobold

Plucky the Armored Pig
    Plucky enjoyed a care free life of mud and delicious truffles deep within the Kobold Diamond mines. Plucky would tend his truffle garden every day, and lived like a king, gorging himself every night. Until one fateful day intruders encroached upon his domain, trampling his beloved truffle garden. Plucky tried to reason with the savages, but the intruders continued to dash and scamper amongst his truffles. Plucky was left with no alternative but defend his truffles.

19. Bilitherubin

Bilitherubin Kobold

The Vengeful Pudding:

"Oh, how I loathe her. How I DESPISE her. The innocent looks unfitting her wretched heart. The pig tails, the gingham dress, and the unnaturally sparkling red ballet shoes. She came with her ragtag friends of an oddly walking lion, the obvious pedophile Not-so-scary-crow, the rusted armor sewn with a face, and the black Yorkshire mongrel. All so simply came to ask for directions. Who could have foreseen the moment she acknowledged my name, she would knock over the pale of water my loyal flying chimp was carrying. She knocked it over with a hollow and absent minded look... Now I wait, in the ruins of my tower, as a sickly pool of ooze; never to witness my own beauty again. So I must consume those who attempt to pillage my tower..."

VexingVision likes this.
  20. Turdnerdler

Turdnerdler Kobold

Dragon

Having a insatiable thirst for treasure. He viewed any adventurer as a threat especially ones that came close to his lair. He returned to his lair after a hunting trip to find his treasure was gone. Now he hunts down heroes to reclaim the gols he lost and to send a message to any that try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.