Just a post to see if anyone is still paying attention. The spammers have deserted us.

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Veza, Aug 12, 2023.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Please say, "Hi," or something if you still check in.
    In 2013, I read the forums for weeks before I joined and posted anything.
    The game was new then, and we didn't understand (i.e. Hadn't really read) the cards.
    If you want a laugh, read some of the conversations from back in the day.
    The game is mature now.
    I was old when it was introduced, and that makes me REALLY old now.
    I own a mirror. This doesn't surprise me.
    If I confessed I was a machine code programmer on the Atari 400, most of you wouldn't have any idea what I'm talking about.
    Things have progressed. Memory is cheap, and coding is sloppy.
    If you're still paying attention to the forums, please say something.
    "Hi!" would suffice.

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm still here, still using the forums as my home page (loads quickly and doesn't show anything I don't want bystanders to see).

I never saw an Atari 400, but my first and only game console was a Video Computer System (before it was renamed the 2600).

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Hi! Not sure I ever posted here before, but I was looking for my "next game" on Steam and Card Hunter came up. (My Steam time played is 598 hours, and I've paid USD$ for pizza so I guess I'm not a newbie :)

Glad to see the game is loved and supported, it's worthy IMHO.

Navile

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Welcome, Navile! When the the game first started (Sep 2013), this was a hopping place. and I was a clueless noob (didn't read or understand the cards, cause I'm basically lazy, and just wanted to kill stuff and level up.) This is the only online game I've ever paid to play (Bought pizza for Club when Wym's Lavastaff showed up behind the glass). And others later.
    I'm judicious (Old, widowed, retired, suffering from demented/corrupt Joe's Bidenomics, which is to say, I'm poorer now), but I still buy pizza to support this game I love. If you expect people to work for nothing, you're no better than Lebron James making millions off child slaves in China making stuff in his name.
    If I could do that, I wouldn't. My mama raised me to be better than that. I'm poor and on my own. If my wife was still alive, I'd probably be working 2 jobs, but as an old man, childless and a widower, it doesn't seem worth the effort. I fish, hunt, garden, and give the excess to my neighbors. Some look after me, as well.
    If the Communist Democrats steal the next election, as they stole the last, Our light may be gone from the world.
    ALL people have their own lights. Anywhere there is light, there is hope.
    Let your light shine. Dark ages suck.

5. cynthih

cynthih Kobold

Hi. I check the forums every few weeks to see if there's any news.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Thanks for that! And for the tracker!
    I try to check for new posts whenever timeracers DD bot shows up, and mostly I do, but I'm old and sometimes I forget.

7. ElMath

ElMath War Monkey

Hello,
    I check the forum every few weeks too for the same reasons.
    Nice to see some posts.
    Bye!

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. SlowComputer

SlowComputer Kobold

Hi,
    I started to play CardHunter on Kongregate back in 2014, since then it became my favorite occupation after work.
    I've been reading the forum lately, because my rating droped from 1530 (average) to 1300 (and its still going down), so i came to check if any new or old decks in the Deck Building tab can give me ideas for an archtype that counter the current meta: 3 Mages party or Nimbus spamming priests.
    If i can return to my old rating i'll post my new deck, otherwise i don't see the point of posting it.
    Thanks to all that keep this game alive:).

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. ilbqpdli

ilbqpdli Kobold

Hi
    I don´t know when I started playing it but I have played a lot. But now, with it´s last update, it has lost some of it´s glamour, and I haven´t played since then.
    Bu I came here to comment something else: Sir Veza, you said that you fish, hunt, garden, and give the excess to your neighbors, this is to be comunist. To care for the others, to care for the community.

10. Hi Sir Veza

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Hiya BlackSabbath! I mostly try to keep the cobwebs under control these days. I also still hunt the Loot Fairy. It was easier when there were 30 or 40 of us. I helped a friend replace his well last Saturday and saw no marks.
    Still, I'm glad to see you here!
    Welcome home!