Card Hunter Utility Program

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Xayrn, Jun 30, 2015.

1. MattW

MattW War Monkey

As of right now, we're working on getting the card visuals to be better. A lot better.

Once that's done, I think there are several directions to explore. As @Xayrn mentioned above, an inventory import is in consideration. Farther down the road, I think a deck visualizer would be a good addition.

Juxtapostion and Sir Veza like this.
  2. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Will this tool help me 'reverse engineer' items and cards in a match?

For example, I see a priest play mass frenzy via whatever item provides mass frenzy (I'm sure there's more than one item). I load that item into a priest, and then I can see every card that item has. Also, could I 'grey out' the cards I've already seen played, so I know what is left in someone's deck? If I could do this with this, and it would certainly help me discern the quality of someone's bluff in later rounds....and learn about other items, of course!

I don't know if these thoughts make me ingenious or nefarious....but I'm looking forward to using this. Ha.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  3. MattW

MattW War Monkey

Dang, that's clever. :) So long as you know the items that are sourcing the cards, I don't see why you couldn't do the first part: fill out a proxy character build based on those items.

As for the second part - I'd at least want to confer with my esteemed colleague before we make any decisions around building (or not building) anything that would provide combat analysis / advantages. That's a bit outside the original intent of the app, I think.

That said, I am totally happy to hypothesize about such a feature. >:D

Say we did build such a thing. We'd need to build a deck visualizer first. Then, we'd run into an issue of dealing with the "as yet unknown" items: in game, unfilled slots carry default cards, but I'm not sure that's what you'd want. There are probably some more interesting things we could do there, using statistics against the card/item data and remaining slot types, but that could get really complicated too. We could alternatively just show X remaining "unknown" cards: boring, but straightforward.

On the cards played side, sure, tracking plays makes sense. Some interesting stuff you could do there too: show "likeliest draw" stats as just the sheer probabilities of each remaining known card, etc.

Neat idea. Can't promise we'll build it, but it's a neat idea.

ParodyKnaveBob and gulo gulo like this.
  4. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

This is actually something I wanted to do eventually, along with help keep track of what's left in your own deck. It's so far down the road though, that I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up by implying it'll be in production anytime soon.

I will say that visible updates should become much more frequent once this is finished.

ParodyKnaveBob and gulo gulo like this.
  5. snafets

snafets Kobold

I haven't paid attention to this but the item where the card is from should be on the card already ;)

http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Cards#Information_Bar

6. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Yes, I know. But I can;'t keep track of all the items and all the cards on them, haha.

7. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

Just dusted off this old thing. Most features should work again with the new Celestial Forge content, but only if you place and run the .jar file in your Card Hunter Steam folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\CardHunter

This is because the Equipment.csv file at live.cardhunter.com/data/gameplay/Equipment/Equipment.csv hasn't been updated with the new content, likely due to the web version of the game no longer existing, so the application can only find these new items inside the data provided by Steam

8. MattW

MattW War Monkey

Wow - I have no idea what's most impressive: the fact that it's been seven years, the fact that I still have my forum password, the fact that the RSS feed didn't rot so my reader didn't miss the thread update, the fact that the code still (mostly) works, or the fact that you're dusting it off again and spinning it back up! :cool::D

Guess I should reinstall the latest game client. And NetBeans? lol

FDrybob, fatcat__25, Sir Veza and 3 others like this.