Mauve Manticore Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Pengw1n, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Zuf0601

Zuf0601 Kobold

Best terrain for fighting death elementals.

MM20.jpg
    (MM20)

Having Brother Arum, undead and cyber-PCs together in a map seemed odd at first, but now I think it was intentional to allow for things like this to happen.

2. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

For a MM scenario you need a custom set of characters not your mp party.
    If you dont want to add monsters for the player you can just create a new thread for these scenarios as a separate thing.

3. CardRuler

CardRuler Kobold

I have fixed the work, thank you for your feedback :):)

4. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

So for Danger Sings I haven't beat it yet.
    I'm thinking about replacing the orc with a human priest or a gnome inciter.
    The Energizer cards don't get dropped by Wail but can be used to trigger the shades blocks which actually damage it when NEB is attached
    I originally included the Orc for Dustin's character because of the Taunt attachment but I think he's actually a dwarf bard?
    I appreciate suggestions for this one as it's still a work in progress.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

@Kalin Aloyzo's Anniversary

Good fun, easy difficulty, won easily on the first attempt. The werecakes ignored the blade trap for several turns. Killed the LHS werecake in about 3-4 turns, then swarmed the RHS cake, which restricted its ability to spawn slices. Lost the storge and the blade trap, but could've saved the storge, if it was close.

6. Gaston Darkus

Gaston Darkus Kobold

I like your Monsters Selection

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

As mentioned here, we are resuming Mauve Manticore, effective immediately. Once submissions start trickling in, we will release our next edition within a month or two.

8. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

In reply to Maniafig's Oozeball Champions:
    Maybe I just got lucky with draws, but I beat it first try no problem. I'll try again to see if I was indeed lucky.
    Edit: Second time, also it seems quite easy. I suppose my next goal would be to see in how many rounds I can get there.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  9. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Should we make new maps with the proposed changes in mind? I'm currently working on one with Afflicted Townsfolk, their new Howl would change their playstyle significantly.

10. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I've messed around with various permutations of the map, and found that anything more than the current amount of enemies could easily lead to a doom spiral. There's definitely some luck of the draw, but I like to think even someone who gets poor hands should be able to get through the level. Thanks for playing my level!

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Good question. I'd maybe hold off until the changes are finalized.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.