Castle Mitternacht Balance Changes Megathread

Discussion in 'Castle Mitternacht and Caverns of Chaos Playtest' started by Sir Civil, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Sir Civil

Sir Civil Administrator Staff Member

The active discussion thread for the Castle Mitternacht changes (changelog).

Few rules to follow:
    1. Keep the discussion on the topic.
    2. Try to point out what you don't like ;).
    3. Try to write concisely and clearly.
    4. Do not backseat someone's else opinion.

I also encourage you to create your own forum threads in this subforum. They are always welcome!

2. Tried Spreading Blight on Test server today. Still hard, only real difference I spotted was the elf priestess on part 2 cast Disenchant on my party removing all attachments! Okay, now I am glad I already nimbus-spammed through that 1hp quest!

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Tackled Svitlana's Inquisition today, and part 2 was way better. New spawn points that let you actually engage Captain Teadora straight away are great! Previous spawn points meant Teodora was wolfing up and drawing 3 Monstrous Hides and 3 All-Out Attacks while you chewed through her henchmen, then one-hit killing you with Vicious Thrust and those All-Out Attacks. She still had 3 Monstrous Hides on turn 2, but I had a chance to get a good formation and Boil Armor from afar with my elf wizard :) I was surprised that when I killed her I still had to dispose of the henchmen. I thought Teadora used to give enough stars to clear that stage before, but maybe I am imagining it?

Part 3 still a rough one, but I managed to get past those pesky shades. Part 4 was definitely easier, the nerfing of Too Horrible helped a lot!

fatcat__25 likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

No, this was another change. You have to kill all the vampires now.

Susurrus in Gloaming likes this.