Five (old) 1800 builds

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by GCar, Apr 26, 2021.

1. GCar

GCar Kobold

Coming back to the game 5 years later, I decided to post my five old builds which I got to 1800+ ratings. I'm not taking credits for all the builds obviously, some ideas came from other people but it's been so long I just don't remember who. I'll thank Gnizla, Scarponi and Soularmadyl though which I'm pretty sure atleast helped on some builds.

The first build: Force Fields. The title is quite self explanatory. That was my first 1800 team and has almost no legendary items. It worked by moving in when invincible and then retreating if necessary. Back then, most people didn't run purge effects, but against one priest with a bunch of purges you will just feel like playing very suboptimal cards.

Grumpy
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Grumpy
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Grumpy
    Level 1 Human Priest

This one was simply called Dwarves Warriors. Back then, triple DWs identical to the first and second one was often played but I had serious problems with armors. I solved that problem building the 3rd one differently. Back then sprint team was 8 squares and against wizards you could simply stall until you drew one.

Grumpy
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

Grumpy
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

Grumpy
    Level 1 Dwarf Warrior

This one is called Healing Control. The idea is that the warrior can fight for the VP using the 3 Violent Spin and with all the defense you are very very hard to kill. It can also isolate a warrior for the kill. The two clerics have decent offense although the vampire one is really more of an healer to keep the warrior alive.

Grumpy
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Grumpy
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

Grumpy
    Level 1 Dwarf Priest

This one was called Triple Trouble. I don't remember who gave me the base build for this. The idea is that the warrior is actually a range 2 guy with his bash and wizards teleport helping keeping people away so that you hopefully can kill them while they can't. There was no Vengence back then obviously !

Grumpy
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Grumpy
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Grumpy
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  2. GCar

GCar Kobold

And the last but certainly not least, the now completely nerfed Burfft ! That build was way too strong. Flash of Agony didn't deal damage to yourself and Savage Curse was +4 damage for mages. There was many burfft builds around back then. My take was simply to put as much cycling as possible so to draw 8+2 damage fireballs as fast as possible and it's pretty hard to hide from fireballs ! That deck killed everything very very fast so that opponent don't have time to stock on armors. This team got to 1896 which back then was the top rating. Then Curse and Flash were (finally) nerfed at once.

Grumpy
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

Grumpy
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Grumpy
    Level 20 Dwarf Priest

3. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Welcome back! Babylon 5 fan? $:^ ]

The only thing I don't like about your builds is Grumpy. $:^ [ Such a pain to follow a battle log when everybody's Grumpy. Not like it stops me from following. Just makes me grumpy. $:^ [

fatcat__25 likes this.
  4. GCar

GCar Kobold

Yeah, giving the same name to everyone is an old tech from guilds :) I just never bothered changing characters names.