Tournament Stage 1

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by gurjanigurjani, Apr 2, 2021.

1. gurjanigurjani

gurjanigurjani Orc Soldier

First stage of tournament:
    April 2nd 12:00 GMT - April 8th 24:00 GMT (military time)

You will need to battle 3 people from you pod for the Score format. 1 match against each.
    Find your opponents and assigned maps or modes HERE

You will need to battle 1 person for the Elimination format. Best out of 3. Banning process takes place in each game. So you ban and change deck 3 times.
    Find your opponent, assigned map and mode HERE

It is recommended to use forums as a way to communicate with upcoming opponents. If they got discord it is a good option also. If the upcoming opponent plays game regularly, adding him as a friend and catching him online is an option also.

Normal mode:
    1) Players set up a time to play.
    2)Players check which maps they have assigned. Example: If your assigned map number is 6, download the map file named 6.
    3)Players ask each other if they are ready to say the banned 1 card 2 items.
    NOTE: 1)You can still use the card and items you banned for your opponent. 2)For example by banning a monster hide it does not mean howl is banned too. Generated cards are always allowed. 3)You can ban walk, but that does bot mean dwarfs are banned hehe.
    4)Both message each other banned card and items at the same time(within few seconds)
    5)After they make a deck one player creates casual battle, loads the map (click load not import) and invites the other
    6)When the match finishes players must take a screenshot of either Defeat or Victory screen (number of vps will be visible there) and send it to me on forums/discord/in game.(this is a must)

Wheel:
    1)Player 1 sets up a time to play the match with player 2
    2)Players read the rules of the assigned wheel mode HERE and act accordingly
    3)One of the player loads in the map and invite the other
    4)When the match finishes players must take a screenshot , either Defeat or victory screen (number of vps will be visible there)

Extra Information:
    If some matches won't be played during given period because 1 player did not show up, the one who showed up will receive a win and other will be disqualified.

If some matches won't be played during given period because players could not settle on a time/they live in different time zones, the following solutions will be played out:
    1)They might have to battle other person whose opponent also did not show up/could not paly.
    2)People from the same pods might volunteer to play them.
    3)Choose from this 2: Both of them will have to battle me and whoever does better advances or count a match as a draw.

Map Images HERE
    Full detailed tourney rules HERE

Attached Files:

• 1.scn
      File size:
      4.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.scn
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.scn
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.scn
      File size:
      4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.scn
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.scn
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.scn
      File size:
      3.7 KB
      Views:
    • 8.scn
      File size:
      3.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. yakkow

yakkow Kobold

Let's say that i ban monster hide, does that mean my opponont cannot use howl or lycan form?

3. Cardzilla

Cardzilla Kobold

Can we message each other the banned items/card way in advance before the match?

If a certain card is banned a player may have to rebuild his entire deck and that may require time.

I understand that the communication at point 4) between the two players has to be near-simultaneous but can there be a pause between point 4) and 5) ?

4. gurjanigurjani

no. generated cards do not count. edited that in into the thread

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  5. gurjanigurjani

I mean you could, but opponent gains adventige by knowing what you want to ban beforehand. If i knew you were banning flash flood i would assume you are going watriors, or if you would ban TK the opposite...

6. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

Sorry about the awkward question, but just to be absolutely clear: item bans work both ways, right? By that I mean that f I ban an item, I am also not allowed to use it?

7. gurjanigurjani

no you can still use the card and items you banned

8. Cardzilla

Cardzilla Kobold

Ok so if I understand correctly the spirit of the rule is that the card/items should be banned right before the match, just before loading the map.
    So no pause between 4) and 5).

9. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

Let's say my chosen deck has one or more cards you just banned right before our match. If there's no pause, how can I take the banned cards/items out of it?

10. gurjanigurjani

nah after this you builds decks first

11. gurjanigurjani

you can still use the card and items you banned. edited that in into the thread

12. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

That's weird. (Or is it just me?)

J_Baldi and Abbus like this.
  13. Cardzilla

Cardzilla Kobold

With "no pause" I mean you only have a short time time to adjust your deck right before the match.

14. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

I don't think so, you're actually trying to hamper your opponent's deck. Of course, he may choose to ban the same card/items from your deck

15. gurjanigurjani

I mean that time is as long as you need to make a deck. It is best not to make opponent wait for too long tho.

16. gurjanigurjani

You build your deck around knowing your opponent does not get to have some items and card. Oppnent has same power too of course.

17. yakkow

yakkow Kobold

how long do we have to play the games?

18. gurjanigurjani

ParodyKnaveBob and yakkow like this.
  19. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

For clarification:

Map #1 - Arena Blade
    Map #2 - Arena Pit