Old player returning. And starting over I guess?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Ubilupus, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Ubilupus

Ubilupus Kobold

I played this game a looooooooong time ago. I vaguely remember something being mentioned that servers were being shut down and the game was being retired. I was sad but accepted it. I googled this game again yesterday and discovered it has been going strong for several years. So now I'm curious what happened and how I missed the game being active all this time? Research shows there was a beta then a full launch. Maybe I played during the beta days and just didn't know it? I don't even know what my login info was back then so I'm assuming regardless as to whether or not it was a beta account or a regular account, that I now am starting from scratch again. Am I totally crazy with the long time ago shutdown thing? Am I for sure probably starting over now, or should I try and remember/figure out my old login info to play?

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

No, theres a rock solid playerbase, not everyone is here all the time, some wander off for a few months, but theres a remarkable loyality to card hunter.

From the developer side, that devotion was let down a bit, but the reasons behind are understandable.
    There was never a shut down in sight. The end of flash support hit this game hard, but steam is still the way to play. And recently, there has been the promise of new content or total renewal since blue manchu sold us off to a polish studio.

3. Ubilupus

Ubilupus Kobold

I'm excited to see the game is still going strong. I really wish I know what it was I had read back in the day that made me think the game was no more. Whatever it was, is what stopped from continuing to play. I can't believe I've been missing out all these years! Guilds weren't even a thing then. I just remember hearing people complain about certain PvP build being broken. I think it was full Dwarf mage teams or something. Time to grind from the ground up I guess!!!!

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. I was around back then. People have always been moaning that the game was dying, yet here we are! There was a 2 dwarf warrior/dwarf wizard build that was problematic back then (Whirlwind Enemies/Nimble Strike abuse, created by the PaladinGP) and it ultimately led to massive nerfing and rebalance of game. I quit before they did that myself, only to return after 4 years! Game is still fun, and I generally enjoy the newer expansions, although you have a lot of catching up to do. Welcome back!

Sir Veza and fatcat__25 like this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Card Hunter left Kongregate a while ago, maybe that's what you saw? At the end of beta, accounts were reset (all items and chars deleted), but the accounts themselves remained, along with any pizza purchased. If you remember the email address you used back then, you can try contacting support@cardhunter.com to see if they can revive your account.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Ubilupus

Ubilupus Kobold

Woohoo! I remembered my old login name and was able to reset my password! I have all my old characters! I can pick up where I left off. Looks like they're all around level 18. I imagine that's way low compared to whatever the current level cap is, but better than starting over!

Edit: I found a saved party function in game. Looks like the last time my party was saved was Nov 4, 2013. Now to see if I can remember what I'm doing...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Kornl, Flaxative, fatcat__25 and 4 others like this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Welcome back to Cardhuntria! ...and perhaps Tournamentria? $:^ }

Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

We actually never raised the level cap THAT much. I believe it's around 24 now.

Welcome back :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  9. FcxHiro

FcxHiro War Monkey

Level cap impact in campaign and you can level up easily. Several days will make it max.

for Rank its default with lv 18 I think 4 Major and 4 Minor token.
    Have Fun :v, and please help share the enthusiasm.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.