[Suggestion] What if people can rent Mr.Cardotron to work for them?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by stupid531, Feb 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. stupid531

stupid531 Lizardman Priest

I am thinking that maybe there are some people like me,
    who enjoy thinking upon new decks but never really enjoy PVP games myself.

So if the game allows us to rent an AI to play instead,
    ( for a price like 50/G per match and maybe keep increasing each match per day ? )

it will be a whole beautiful new world !
    And I think as long as the price is balanced enough , there will be barely be any downside.
    (since other players can choose not to play against AI)

What do you guys think about this ? ;)

battlezoby likes this.
  2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

I don't think letting the AI control a deck is a good estimation of how good the deck really is, the AI is notoriously bad with anything more complex than unga bunga caveman tactics. You'd just want to play three warriors with big damage attacks and a bunch of parries, and leave the wizards and priests at home.

That almost sounds like a funny constructed league gimmick, both players are controlled by the AI. Maybe with some restrictions so it doesn't become a warrior spamfest.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Use a map like Wicked Waterways? Or one of those very wizard friendly maps.

And now I want to throw together a custom scenario for Cardo 2K (player) vs Cardo 3k (AI).

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Cardo3000 is borderline garbage. If it weren't for Invisible, Retaliatory Mutation and, to a lesser extent, Reanimate, he'd be just as bad as Amy, Melvin and Gary.

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I like this part. Who cares about casual games? And if he gets it into MM, I'd appreciate having a map I could straight-up smoke. I'm shallow, I admit it.

6. battlezoby

battlezoby Ogre

I think an hourly charge could be percieved as moving in the direction of "too many microtransactions."

I wouldn't want an always-available AI to take away from the players playing PvP, but if it doesn't give
    chests (or is perceived as giving more chests than the campaign does) I suppose doing this without the
    "microtransaction" charge would be an all-around good thing except for the effort it would take to impliment.

I wouldn't be surprised if the novelty of it caused a small increase in online players, but I'm guessing probably
    not a very significant one.

fatcat__25 and stupid531 like this.