PvP Board Contest Discussion

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Stexe, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'll let Sir Civil modify that post, or replace the thread entirely. I don't know if TKOU will wanna keep the same terms for user-submitted content that we used at Blue Manchu. Pizza values may shift, evaluation process may change, etc.. :)

2. kontodogrania1

kontodogrania1 Goblin Champion

Yes i understand that dash rule 4 squares but i want give bigger maps a try because Gladius Wall its ranked and have very long distances. I belive that with lots of movement in current meta like charges on Werewolves , Swarms of bat on Vampires and common use and Vegenance and Nimble strikes there is potential of bigger maps with scatered VS not just brawl maps centered on 4/6 Vs in middle. ( I made "Beach" because wanted see calm looking map :) )

fatcat__25 likes this.
  3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I remember having a big discussion with Jon about "only diagonal square movement to locations" and he said that in testing users felt it was weird to have that and didn't feel correct. I pushed for it since it was a better balance in "Monster Hunt" for breaking line of sight and creating interesting angles, but he was pretty adamant about it. I went with his expertise on it due to having worked on the game for a while and because it wasn't that huge of a deal once I could modify the range of cards. Just some stuff to consider.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  4. kontodogrania1

kontodogrania1 Goblin Champion

i respect his game knowlage but 2 things makes me ignore diagonal pathways
    1. line of sight line.jpg
    2. move point cost of movement and move posibilities move points.jpg
    sincerely kontodogrania1