Repeated trait cards.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Goddamn, Feb 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Goddamn

Goddamn Kobold

Not a bug, but it would be nice that if a player (NPC or otherwise) who draws two of the same trait cards only has to click and view the process of the trait becoming active once, instead of twice on the same character. A little check in the code to see if there is a duplicate on-hand would be nice.

Ideally, if I drew two "clumsy" or "crusher" trait cards, once I click the first both would disappear, and I immediately two new cards without having to click on the second.

~My first post, so a big hello to everybody as well!

Flaxative likes this.
  2. Pyrious

Pyrious Hydra

That might lead to forced suboptimal moves. For example, currently I might draw two Vanguard, play one of them, draw a Defensiveness, then choose to play the Defensiveness immediately before playing the second Vanguard. By doing so, I end up with Defensiveness attached below Vanguard, so further attachments will push off the negative trait before the positive trait. On the other hand, if I were forced to play both Vanguards together, the Defensiveness would end up above the Vanguard instead, which would be suboptimal.

ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Mind if I move this thread to the suggestions section since it's not a bug?

I agree with Pyrious that this suggestion would remove some agency from the player. I'm not sure it's critical agency, though; like, if experienced players weren't used to making those kinds of decisions, would they miss them? Also not sure how much time the suggestion would actually save, but it's a neat idea =)

fatcat__25 likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

2 of my firestorm dorfs usually run 8 to 10 traits each, and I like being able to select the order. It often turns out badly, yet gives me the illusion of control.
    (Edit) Perhaps this could be addressed in game settings.

tolkien and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I could see a use for an "Auto-Play Traits" option (drop the "duplicate" qualifier for the reasons above).

6. Goddamn

Goddamn Kobold

I understand completely, this just happened to me where I drew two positive traits and one negative. How many traits can be active at once? I think it would be awesome if there was no limit (lets face it, it's not not to be like characters will be stacking over a dozen traits at one given time). Perhaps opposite traits would cancel each other both out/

That would be a nice setting to be able to change if desired! :)

Of course, first time on the forum. I scanned the front page for a suggestions category but either overlooked it or didn't look deep enough. :)

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.