Set your system clock backwards to a date before January 12th, 2021 to keep using Flash.

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by ThriceElite, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ThriceElite

ThriceElite Kobold

Set your system clock backwards to a date before January 12th, 2021 to keep using Flash.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Sir Veza likes this.
  2. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

Confirmed. This is actually legit true. You can test with Browser CH if you wanna try it for yourself. :O

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

elaborate, chrome for example wont budge.

4. mikey76500

mikey76500 Hydra

[​IMG]
    Yeah, Chrome is the worst one. I'm using Edge [easiest to use of all of the current browsers, in my experience]. It certainly works, there.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Moogle Stiltzkin

Moogle Stiltzkin Mushroom Warrior

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. Ameranth

Ameranth Kobold

This worked for me for a while, though I found that setting the time to certain dates in December 2020 would always result in the message 'Card Hunter is currently down for maintenance. Please try again in a few minutes.'. Fiddling with the date would make it work again.

However, for the last few months it hasn't mattered what date I use, I always get the maintenance error. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them, because Steam isn't really an option for me.

Help me, Workaround Kenobi. You're my only hope!

7. Sadly, you are S.O.L.

Steam is the only way now. Sorry, I wish my jedi powers could help you.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Hopefully Steam won't be the only way forever (we've said in a few places that we're working on some stuff that might change this, though we haven't promised any specific results by any specific times as we're still investigating our options) but yeah, unlikely to return to browser with the Flash client in any real capacity.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  9. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I would feel more comfortable with steam if it would stop counting my gaming hours...

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Flash was always problematic. I'd like to see a browser version again, but I don't know how good the possible options are. I trust the knights to do their best.