Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Also glad to see you're "back".

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I stumbled into @Stexe in runeterra a few months ago, that was a blast from the past :D

Hope all you old cardhunters are doing well!

3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, and you just barely beat me on my 6 out of 7 win streak in a Gauntlet match... =(

Sir Veza and Vakaz like this.
  4. Moogle Stiltzkin

Moogle Stiltzkin Mushroom Warrior

is runeterra good? okay i'll sign up ;X plz carry me ty

5. Stexe

It's not bad. I climbed to Diamond 4 or Diamond 3 in beta and was considering going for Master. Probably could have done it since my win rate was like 60%... but it was a huge grind and I had a lot of grad work to finish at the time. Wish it wasn't so random at times, but overall it is a fun game for what it is.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

I'm a big fan, though mainly because I have a fair bit of downtime where the only gaming option is mobile. It might be my favorite take on an MtG style card game yet.

Some things I really like about it:
    • uses a shared turn system like card hunter, which adds a ton of strategic depth compared to similar games like Mtg or Hearthstone (do you rush your attack before they have a chance to play more units? build your board and swing with all you've got? try to bait them into emptying their mana before you pull off a tricky move? etc)
    • has a neat little spell mana system where you can carry over up to 3 mana between rounds, but that mana can only be used to play spells. Super tight mechanic
    • mobile client is solid (compared to mobile hearthstone which is still buggy as heck despite being out for years)
    • Meta is pretty darn diverse, and there's usually 5-10 decks viable at masters at any given time. I've only hit masters once because there were no rewards for it in the past, but the latest update finally added cool ranked rewards so it's much more appealing now
    • Maybe the biggest one: probably has the most generous collection scheme in any multiplayer digital card game I've played. There's basically no need to spend real money on your collection even as a f2p, and you can build a top tier deck within about a week of starting. The cosmetics are neat if you still want to throw some money at the game.

Reint, Pawndawan, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Great to see you here, @Vakaz !

ParodyKnaveBob, Vakaz and Reint like this.
  8. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Is AA going to be revived?

9. Will be interesting to see. I expect that the new devs are looking at balance and considering what to do with game, but this part seems easy to manage. AA items can address the balance issues a little bit (I'm thinking items like Chekhov's Dirk as a check on Monstrous Hide, etc). I think Flax is back, too, working with/for Knights of Unity?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Sir Veza and fatcat__25 like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I have no plans to revive AA currently. I don't have the time or attention to maintain it as a volunteer effort as I used to. Perhaps that'll change in the future—I am stretched pretty thin right now, but it's not permanent. I also can't speak to TKOU's plans :)

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sorry you're stretched thin, bro, but dance.gif YAY! dance.gif
    Since I figured out CH wasn't going away, I started working toward max usable of legendary items.
    I'm currently maxed on 247 of 381, and the last things I need are new legendaries, particularly arcane items. I hope to complete this before the Earth crashes into the Sun. (Give or take 45 minutes.)

12. Stexe

Wow, that's impressive. I had max usables for Epic and below before Mitter came out and it took forever.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I solemnly swear to never add a legendary arcane item to the game via AA ever again ;)

Stexe and Sir Veza like this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Great to see you guys! It's kinda like 2013 all over again, except I'm feeling way older.
    Give me a sec, and I'll fetch the Snobbit Pipe!

fatcat__25 and Flaxative like this.
  15. Uh oh, sounds like you got competition ;). I am at 311 legendaries at max usuable. I am so close on so many, but there are a few outliers (Brin's Spiked Rod still only have four) that may never get filled up.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    ParodyKnaveBob, Stexe and Sir Veza like this.
  16. Sir Civil

Sir Civil Administrator Staff Member

Aloyzo's Arsenal and a couple more things are on our "to revive" list, so don't worry about that.

tolkien, Melancthon, Kornl and 10 others like this.
  17. Stexe

Nice. Love that you'll be involving the community in stuff again. =)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Neat!

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  19. LA3535361444

LA3535361444 Kobold

Hoping AA to return very soon!

Flaxative and fatcat__25 like this.