Virtual Quick Draw

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Galvatron, Apr 1, 2016.

1. 1. Human Priest
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    2. Elf Warrior
    3. Dwarf Wizard
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Wall of Fire. Boiling armor is overcosted for QD and here's not enough wizards to make resistant hide worth it. Wall of fire is also one of the few terrain cards that are worth picking.

Choice:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    3. Dwarf Wizard
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I choose Path Of Knives. Minor Illusion has 2 disadvantages. For being a spell(Brain Burn), and not being an attack(Inspiring Presence). Quickness Aura is useful but we have control and SPR.

Choice:
    Force Bolt, Zap, Weakened Armor.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    PS: wow it has been a long time since someone replied to this thread.

4. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

1. Human Priest
    2. Elf Warrior
    3. Dwarf Wizard

Force Bolt because of Path Of Knives synergy, and because the armor doesn't quite seem worth it. Straightforward enough.

And that's a wrap? Or are we making a second team at this point?

5. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

You can make second team and then not sure but try making scenario with both teams fighting if you care.

6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Looks like it is time to start another game of this, since we can't do the fight (since there is no way to set this up).

7. Galvatron

Galvatron Orc Soldier

Perhaps building custom scenario would work. But probably noone cares that much.

8. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Sadly you can't make custom characters.

9. Pawndawan

Round #2 (let's see who still lurks on these forums)

Map: Oozeball
    Team Forum: Dwarf Warrior; Elf Priest; Human Warrior
    Team Enemies: Human Wizard; Elf Wizard; Elf Warrior

So going against double wizard (with no priest support). Keep this in mind when you pick cards.

1. Dwarf Warrior
    Duck, Frenzy Aura, Muscle Through
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sir Veza and fatcat__25 like this.
  10. I hate taking a move card with my gold pick, but you are facing wizards and the Dwarf Warrior needs extra hustle. Duck is lame, it might not trigger and if it does it might get you a Weak Strike. Frenzy Aura is ok, but the wizards will knock it off before you reach them. Sadly, my choice is Muscle Through and a grumble about junky cards.

11. fatcat__25

fatcat__25 Orc Soldier

I'm terrible at QD, but I'll keep watching this in case I need to make a pick to keep it running.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I would have jumped all over that Duck. Yes, it's usually the wrong choice when building a deck, because you can only get two and it fails 50% of the time. But this is Quick Draw, which means you WILL draw it, over and over. And that 50% failure rate makes it hard for your opponent to get rid of: on average it will take your opponent two cards to get rid of your one, and then you gain an extra card.

And try putting yourself in your opponent's shoes: they're looking at two warriors and a priest. They will likely try to get big attacks and control spells. Think about those cards getting stolen by a dwarf warrior.

That said, you definitely want to grab some extra movement from the other draft picks.

Sir Veza, fatcat__25 and Pawndawan like this.
  13. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I will take Muscle Through and I will be very happy about it. As a Dwarf Warrior my only fear is not being able to reach the wizards, if I get onto them they will be obliterated. Muscle Through is especially good with the terrain Oozeball has, as well the enemy team having an Elf Warrior that can zone my warriors off from their wizards if I did not have Free Move. It is also a card that isn't typically in players' minds when they position, thus it can likely catch the enemy off guard. The displacement can also come in very handy. Muscle Through is probably one of the best gold cards I could hope for in such a situation.

Frenzy Aura is terrible, no explanation needed. Duck isn't great; the enemy wouldn't, or shouldn't focus fire on the Dwarf Warrior, especially if Duck has been revealed. The only time they would want to attack the Dwarf Warrior would be to push it away when it gets near, in which case I would prefer a block with a high reliability to trigger rather than a 50/50. Lastly, if I were to take Duck and forgo Muscle Through, it would mean I would have to sacrifice even more damage for movement later on in the draft, which makes my Dwarf Warrior much more of a non-threat that can be ignored.

14. Pawndawan

Since nobody posted next card, here goes:

1. Dwarf Warrior
    [​IMG]

Choice:
    Clumsy, Loner, Slowed
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Elf Priest
    TBD

3. Human Warrior
    TBD

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

Loner! Trait + Dwarf HP + we have a priest + we can mitigate the damage with positioning early on (if we even care about taking damage... we're a dwarf, after all).

Slowed is extra annoying in QD given the small deck size, and we're a dwarf.

I can see an argument for Clumsy, but the terrain can make it potentially awkward for us to get facing, and we have the Free Move from Muscle Through as well, letting us slide through zone of control, but then we can't hit the person we've gone behind. Keep it simple.

Dwarf War:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Choice:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sir Veza, Pawndawan and fatcat__25 like this.
  16. Pawndawan

This is no regular Oozeball where camping on victory square (or timing out the opponent) is the only way to win, so IMHO Push 2 on Barge is overpriced. Although Sundering Strike might be the only anti-armor card we might get, I still choose the range 2 attack over the others, since our short-legged dwarf needs all the reach she can get.

Dwarf War:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Choice:
    Dancing Cut, Immovable, Surging Shield Block
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. fatcat__25

fatcat__25 Orc Soldier

I forgot about this. I choose Surging Block, because it is both a block and a move, and we don't have a block yet, and we're a dwarf.

Dwarf War:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Choice:
    Thickened Mail, Chop, Charge
    If someone could explain how to add new card images, I'd be grateful. I just used the ones in the previous post so far.