I tested for you...

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Fanturluche, Apr 20, 2016.

1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Does Inspiring Presence cause cards to go in allies' discard piles when they're not attacks? When I tested, it didn't seem to.

2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Wait, that's not cool. That's literally what it's programmed to avoid. 1. Doom detaches all (other?) attachments; 2. Doom deals X unpreventable damage to character, where X is that character's HP. This should be reported as a bug.

tolkien: Yes. Not sure what happened during your tests. Hm.

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

So, Cardotron 2000 played Counterspell on my elf warrior with Elven Maneuvers in hand. I was forced to discard said card and a Scouting Run are all traits by default "magic" cards. It doesn't say magic on elven maneuvers anywhere. I guess consult the .csv?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The .csv just says "Boost" and "Trait" for Elven Maneuvers.

Anyone want to test if all traits count as Magic? Or all boosts?

5. So, what do you think "Unpreventable" means exactly?? Guess what, it literally means "if you're (un-)lucky" in some circumstances.

I re-ran some low-level adventures today with - to have some hilarious matches - lots of Handicap cards. My Wizard had, among others, Defensiveness and Demonic Revenge in his deck. So, as you could deduce from the information I already gave to you, first he drew Defensiveness and this card got attached. Then - with some enemy nearby - he drew Demonic Revenge and "wanted" to suffer the "Unpreventable" damage. Unfortunately, the nearby enemy cancelled this damage and my Wizard HAD TO proceed with his earlier level of HP. He was very upset of this situation.

Here's the part of my log:
    [My Wizard] suffers pain!
    [My Wizard] ruins a spell because enemies are too close!
    Demonic Revenge was cancelled.

6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Good find. This find is also on card the synergies thread.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It's only unpreventable if you can play the card. (And don't have nimbus or toughness.)

8. Thanks tolkien, that was a fun thread to read that I actually didn't knew of (I was aware of the related wiki page, though). Given that I joined the game quite late, it's always fun to read how cards used to work in the early days. ;)

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  9. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Crusher does not combine with Acorn Sling, weird..

10. Sure, the wording of the card suggests otherwise, but technically this is totally fine if you look at the card's effect in the resource file:
    Crusher only triggers for Melee attacks you play.

Not that this would matter, but on this one: Why is Acorn Sling a Magic attack in the first place? I'd expect Missile. But never mind.

11. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

But but... acorns are magic!

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

But if we're already on this topic, how is it that a monkey throwing an acorn is more damaging than the sharpest, meanest crossbow bolts Cardhuntria has to offer?

I get it, magic acorns and whatnot, but come on now.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Such things bothered me early on, but after the first few weeks I realized much of the game has no basis in logic or reason.

14. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

Today's test (yesterday's test actually): Empty Tracks

So this card doesn't allow moving onto victory squares, but I wanted to know if I could fly above them, maybe?
    20220622204245_1.jpg
    So no... I cannot. :(
    But wait! Maybe I can teleport accross?
    20220622204042_1.jpg
    Looks like it! :) I should even be able to move ONTO them.
    However, after moving behind the line of victory squares, my next turn did not come. :confused: There seems to be a little bug here, so... don't try this at home.