Infinite Halloween

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Blizzrd33, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Seems I'll never be able to finish my collection of items from the base set because we have the Halloween replacement items in permanent effect.

Could the Halloween event please be switched off?

Reint likes this.
  2. ThriceElite

ThriceElite Kobold

That's not how it works.

For example, I distinctly recall the regular Trident still dropping even though it's Halloween, and the Devil Trident can also drop. The Halloween items don't replace anything.

Please keep the Halloween event in effect; it gives us more time to collect those items, and it doesn't prevent the regular versions of those items from dropping as well.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

They replace items in chests and stores, and make the total item pool larger.

Reint likes this.
  4. It was nice having the Long Halloween (great Batman story btw) but I think it is okay to end it. I am not complaining about it still going because it may very well be the last Halloween, and really it's not impacting the loot pool that much to add a few items to it. I believe there are 372 legendary items in the regular item pool (excluding Crown of Chaos, Party Leader Hat, three Christmas legendaries & four Halloween legendaries). Adding 4 items to that pool is not significantly changing your chances of getting the other 372 items. The very last legendary I needed to complete a full set, I got just a few days ago. However I did get a ton of Halloween legendaries during that time: 9 Candied Glands, 2 Werewolf Boots, 3 Sugar Rages & 2 Pumpkin Bombs pulled from chests (excluding purchases from Halloween store, Randimar's and Daily Deal). So anecdotally, maybe I am seeing more Halloween stuff? I think that is just a fluke, especially dem Candied Glands.

ParodyKnaveBob and Reint like this.
  5. ThriceElite

ThriceElite Kobold

ThriceElite says: hey
    Blizzrd33 says: hello
    ThriceElite says: did you read my reply in the eternal halloween topic?
    Blizzrd33 says: yes and the next reply which refuted it
    ThriceElite says: it didn't refute anything
    ThriceElite says: the halloween items don't replace anything
    Blizzrd33 says: they replace items in shops and chests
    ThriceElite says: let me give you an example
    ThriceElite says: go to
    ThriceElite says: kyburz market
    ThriceElite says: check that shop
    ThriceElite says: there should be a blazing skull andd a charged opal in that shop, unless you're unlucky
    ThriceElite says: they are the same item with different skins
    ThriceElite says: the halloween items don't replace anything
    ThriceElite says: do you see the items in the kybruz market shop?

Now that I've shown you clear hard proof that the halloween items don't replace anything, I hope we can stop spreading misinformation and ruining things for people who are trying to collect more of the Halloween items. The regular items still drop.

Attached Files:

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Holiday items don't stop regular items from dropping, but they do take up space in chests and shops. There's a reason this thread was started when a Halloween item is the legendary in DD.

Reint likes this.
  7. ThriceElite

ThriceElite Kobold

The effect of the Halloween items on the overall odds of any particular item dropping is so low as to be negligible. There's no point in hassling the already busy devs regarding this when players who want more of the Halloween items are fine with the status quo. Stop rocking the boat, let it go, and enjoy the long Halloween.

The fact that this topic was started because a legendary halloween item took up the legendary slot in the Daily Deal one time out of months of Daily Deals is ridiculous. The stance of removing Halloween drops is literally complaining about the fact that a few raindrops have been added to a pool. That is a ridiculous stance to take and that should be ignored. Halloween drops should stay.