Unofficial statistics site

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I just noticed that Second Cybergust was the 24th unofficially recorded monthly guild season.

I haven't done any actual API digging, so I don't know how these numbers correlate to total ranked matches. Even with this partial data, Humble Bundle / Kongregate (Jan 2015) and Steam (July 2015) launches are noticeable.
    [​IMG]

If we want to beat the record of 219,436 guild* matches in a calendar year, we have to average over 22,000 matches in each of the remaining three months.

ParodyKnaveBob, visak13, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  2. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Well, I'm playing again, Pawndawn, thus we'll see. We'll see. $;^ b

@Farbs! I don't recall seeing this suggestion when I read through this thread many moons ago, but even if it's been said, consider this another nudge! $:^ ]

Currently, you can visit http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/guildhistory.php?player=ParodyKnaveBob and see all my matches. (Don't do this at the time of this writing. Way too much red. Oh, I know, click Next once -- at the time of this writing. ~nodnod~) Likewise, you can visit http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/guildhistory.php?guild=Sorcererers and see all of the greatest guild's matches. (View at our own risk. Oh, I know, click when you see Inkfingers is on. ~nodnod~)

One thing I would love to see on your site which I would expect wouldn't be that complex an addition since you already have a bunch of infrastructure for it already in place (and it'd just be you repurposing some of your own code to intersect the tables, rather than someone else having to trace through it all and find the safe way to add the functionality):
    Whatcha think? $:^ J

Even if you didn't add prettified links, but just told of the functionality somewhere, and let us type the URLs ourselves, this would be super sweet.

Regards, ~nod~
    Bob

wereviper, timeracers and Flaxative like this.
  3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I did my part over the years to get fresh blood into guilds.
    If anyone new feels mighty enough to partake in the guild skirmish, the Knaves are recruiting.
    [​IMG]

4. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Hi!

You might notice some changes to the season pages. I've moved the chart to the top since it's the fun bit, and I've added a new fun bit. There's now a Most Valuable Players table for each season (other than the Age of Chaos) with the top ten players listed in order of net wins. Net Wins = Wins - Losses, for all games in the season worth season ranking points. Guild sparring matches don't count.

Hopefully this will give players from the less competitive guilds a chance to shine :cool:

5. MathuranF

MathuranF Lizardman Priest

Looks like Sucre is gunning for #1 and #2 MVP :p.

I think the MVP chart is a nice little addition @Farbs !! Is it possible to have the season standings on top of the graph? I know when I go to the META standings site it's to do a quick check on the leaderboard, so it would be a little more convenient for someone like me if they were swapped. Not a big issue obviously, just a suggestion.

6. Farbs

Hey! I'm glad you like it. I moved the chart up the top because it's the exciting pretty bit, and I was worried that people just browsing the site for the first time wouldn't scroll down to see it. If it bugs people too much though I can move it down again. Thoughts?

7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

any way to rid this new list of dupes?
    Graph on top is a fine decision.

8. Farbs

MVP only shows a player twice if they have earned a spot on the list for two guilds, which I think is an achievement worth recognising.

9. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

I respectfully disagree.

Someone who changes guild should be punished for disloyalty. Especially when they begin to lose games against the guild they just left. Be it consciously or unconsciously. My suggestions:

a. contribution cannot be gained when losing to a member of the guild they departed for a number of months, say 3.
    b. the traitor cannot join another guild after leaving a guild, say 1.
    c. any contribution to a guild by the traitor is immediately forgotten upon leaving the guild.
    d. all of the above.

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i would love to see the guild system gain depth, but as the newly introduced "top player list" shows, what you can do with the existing api is very limited.

11. ParodyKnaveBob

Hey, along with that player/guild-vs-player/guild URL idea, here's another.

Your unofficial site tracks a certain amount of league info, along with all the ranked. What would it take to make leagues affect guilds in some way, too? That is, #2 how much pain might it be to code some stuff, but probably much more importantly #1 what would this implementation look like? I mean, league matches could just throw in like ranked, what with the history page and the gElo stuff, but maybe league matches could affect guilds in some other way(s) instead? Just kind of a half-brainstorm here is all. Any and all thoughts on the matter (within reason, lol,) are certainly welcome.

12. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I agree Rinco about disloyalty but how do we know they left the guild for that reason? Maybe they had a disagreement.

What about just a simple pre-emptive thing where once you join a guild you cannot leave for three-to-five months. revents backstabbing, removes "merc for hire at highest bidder" mindset; encourages loyalty and honesty.

13. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

How about this: after leaving a guild the person can't change the rating of guilds for the rest of the month. But to compensate for this the guild leader should be able to do a dismissal ceremony instead of banish which in addition to removing the member from the guild also doesn't inflict this effect.

14. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Sounds good. I'd really love to hear Devs thoughts on this, since although this is of course a wonderful free monthly system you guys have generously given, I don't want to see it abused and exploited ..

15. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Didnt know where else to ask so I came here.
    I have been trying figure out what the Standing section (under Guild) on these pages about every player means for quite a while now: http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/playerprofile.php?name=farbs
    If anyone knows or have ideas of what it could mean please let me know because I am out of them.

16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

17. Auburn

Auburn Guild Leader

Okay, here's a question:

Is it possible that on the cardhunter meta site, the contribution from guild members no longer in the guild could be calculated?

I'd like to be able to look at the list and see the contribution for all guild members, past and present.

Also, it's too bad that when a guild is wiped out, it wipes out all the guild history on the meta site.

18. ParodyKnaveBob

Oh Mr. @Farbs, would you mind looking at some weirdness? It appears the META site might've stopped recording matches about three days ago.

Hi, how're you? Happy New Year. Etc. $:^ P

19. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Try pinging him on Twitter too. https://twitter.com/FarbsMcFarbs

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  20. ParodyKnaveBob

Thank ya, @Stexe, and more pertinently, @Farbs. It's fixed! (It even picked up the few days' worth of battles on which it'd gone silent!)

Sir Veza likes this.