Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The Flashstaff is one of my go-to items for Loot Fairy; I'd use three if I had them. Silver is much more niche so two should be enough.

2. Sasoo8

Sasoo8 Guild Leader

Third copy of silver lightning is nice. Good for 3 wizard setups where you want a lot of peeking/ werewolf killing

edit: Gingrich sure loves the silver lightning combo on his 1900 3 dwarf wiz team!

3. Settemio

Settemio Kobold

4. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Huetotl's is the best of the 3 but not really necessary if you are low on gold. It's just a slight upgrade over St. Olf's Fiery Pike and costs more in terms of tokens.

Bolg's is a fun item if you want to try a dodge warrior.

Volkov's is pretty useless imo, you can get better stuff on helmets. If you want Lycanthropic Form just stick to skills.

Don't bother with the Tenderizer, it's outclassed by Troll's Ire.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  5. ThriceElite

ThriceElite Kobold

@Gingrich Yurr
    If you're still checking this topic, I'd like your opinion on the following:
    Darkforce Nunchaku (have 0)
    Gauixl's Sacred Maquah (have 0)
    Hawkwind's Moccasins (have 1)
    Snitrick's Last Stand (have 2)
    Vampire Knight's Greaves (have 0)

I have 22,471 gold right now, not including treasures. I also want to save some gold for single player farming items such as more of the legendary double Firestorm arcane items, more Wym's Lavastaffs, more Mullik's Blisterstaffs, and any Mordecai's Staffs of Magma whenever they should appear.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Darkforce is the only way for non-warriors to get Laser Whip, and Greaves are the only way for warriors to get Swarm Of Bats. I recommend both.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Darkforce is mainly for fun. I've experimented with it in ranked and find that 2 major token cost is a little steep for what it gives you which is pretty much just the Laser Whips, since the other cards can be found on tokenless vamp items and Greater Heal is not exactly what you want for a vamp though it is never bad. Laser Whips aren't too great in the first place either apart from the surprise factor of it coming from a Priest which Kalin mentioned.

Gauixl's Sacred Maquah I have no personal experience with but some great players like Inkfingers or Sasoo are fans of it. You can probably find some post of Sasoo gushing about it somewhere on this forum.

I've said this many times but Hawkwind's will never be replaced as my favourite tokenless boots. Many others prefer Vollmond's Boots now for the cycling but I prefer the ever reliable movement from Hawkwind's compared to Wild Run which can discard some key cards. Hawkwind's are in pretty much in all of my builds.

Not much to say about Snitrick's, you have 2 already.

Vamp Knight's Greaves is quite hard to fit on a Warrior because of the major token but pays off spectacularly if you do draw Swarm of Bats. It is great for Wizards though which don't need major tokens as much. I used it on my Elf Wiz in my highest ranking build.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I agree, Pawn.
    I use 3x Quinn's on my elf vamp teams for the geomancer modules, mostly for the added movement. I rarely use more than 2, but it can be a fun tokenless shield.
    You do have tons of gold, right? ;)

10. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

11. Caustic Pain is a no. I have tried making full acid wiz team with my 6 Caustic Pains available (think I used only 3 though). It was cool painting the map like it was Splatoon, but the amount of deck space you need to devote to spreading acid makes the build kind of one dimensional. You might get a big hit (I got around 18 damage or higher if I spread as much acid as I could), but in my opinion you would die before you got there to a talented opponent.

As for Relic Of The First Vampire, I have 9 and play them all. It may not be as strong on ranked maps, but in several constructed leagues (Golden Shrine, Wicked Waterways, Triple Duel, especially) it is an incredible item. Swarm Of Bats is really really good and is not itemized on any blue token items except for this. So consider stock-piling this one if you want to build nasty vampires for legaues. Also great item in campaign, especially on a slow dwarf vamp.

12. Blizzrd33

Blizzrd33 Orc Soldier

Relic of the First Vampire all the way, as previously mentioned.

Sir Veza and Pawndawan like this.
  13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Here are my 'new!' legendaries right now. Any advice? :)

Kazmir's Staff (feels like a no, too unfocused, but it's not bad per se)
    Chask's Relief (again feels like a no)
    Ariston's Helmet (meh)
    Final Sword (ugh, I think it's cool but also I designed it. is it useful?! feels kinda low-damage for Level 21. is Vengeance good these days??)
    Vampire Knight's Greaves (again, really excited for a cool item I designed, but boots need to be REAL good to be worth a gold token, right?)

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I haven't played PvP in a long time (probably years), but last I heard people were complaining about Vengeance in the same way they complained about pre-nerf Nimble Strike. And it's highly unlikely Vengeance will ever be nerfed or overshadowed by something new.

The Greaves are a gimmick item: they're one of the best ways for a warrior to get Teleport (and the only way to get Swarm Of Bats). I like them for Triple Duel and Waterways, but they're mainly useful for their surprise factor.

15. TheIvyX

TheIvyX Orc Soldier

I know it's been a while since I've been active in this game but I saw an e-mail notification for this post because I marked the "watch this" thread thing. Anyways for your items Flaxative, I wouldn't really spend gold for any of those items if you don't have much to spend.

Kazmir's Staff seems viable in the Golden Shrine league in some builds. Doesn't seem interesting to me though.

I've seen Vampire Knight's Greaves being used on wizards a couple of times in Ranked matches. I think even Sasoo8 used it in their Ancient Grudge build on an elf wizard.

I don't think Final Sword is worth. I've used it on my warriors in the past and later opted to other items like Snitrick's Last Stand or the more common Talissa's Trident. The lower tier cards on SLS and TT tend to be more useful than the Strong Hacks from Final Sword.

16. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah I don't have much gold to spend right now. Thanks for the thoughts, friends!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  17. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Chask's Relief is awesome if you build against Forms (esp including Spark of Undeath), but as usual I'm thinking first from an elven perspective. For (minortoken)(minortoken), you get a fine Trait, *two* Free Card Blocks (only bad if you run into Chask's other staff), and three lovely Inq Bolts to pair with Silversmith (and possibly some Silver Bolts or Silver Lightning). Even when you can't spam Inq Bolt for 12 damage each, hand reveal is still strong, eh? (Besides, *you're* the goofy people who kept Silver Bolt ×5 Legendary, lol.)

This said from a player who hasn't been on since Jan/Feb due to laptop and still posts from his phone. Nice to see you around, though. $:^ J

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    Sir Veza, fatcat__25 and Flaxative like this.
  18. PapunJazz

PapunJazz Kobold

Weird. Randimar's Rarities have not been updated this week. The store sells old goods. The daily store has been updated. Has anyone encountered such a problem?

Sir Veza likes this.
  19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yep.
    Since inception the game has only recognized a 52 week year, and any remnants are discarded. I Hope Unity will fix this, but in the meantime it might be regarded as a feature (instead of a bug) because it allows time to grind gold to buy items one might not otherwise be obtainable.
    I still maintain it is a bug that should be fixed, and hope Unity will agree.

20. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

for someone who just returned and had cedric's vow in his randi, this is a godsend of a feature