is game ded?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Goodwin, May 23, 2019.

1. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

title

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Doesn't smell dead.
    I'll sniff check again in a few days.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Still smells okay to me.

ParodyKnaveBob and Jaer like this.
  4. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Forums definitely are. Was a good run, RIP Cardhunter.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Testlum

Testlum Lizardman Priest

A sad farewell to the best game I've ever had the pleasure of playing. /salute

gurel2 likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Death is a transition.
    With so little activity most bots have abandoned it, it's more a reference library than a forum at this point. It makes me wish I had something interesting to post.
    In any case, I'll probably hang around until Jon pulls the plug.

7. There are definitely still people playing it, it's just these forums that have become a graveyard, featuring us as wandering ghosts.

Sir Veza likes this.
  8. TonySF

TonySF Kobold

Game seems officially dead to me? cardhunter.com just gives a database error.

9. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Just because the www subdomain went down, the game is officially dead?
    ~sigh~
    The forum subdomain is up - i.e. you're here on cardhunter.com to talk about it.
    The live subdomain is up - i.e. the game currently runs.
    The players are still around playing it (and complaining about it being dead).
    Every other time I log in, I keep seeing new players saying, hi, I'm new.

Does the server choke every several minutes because of the tens of thousands of player influx? No. The game is definitely no longer in its heydays of grand opening, Kongregate, then Steam.
    *sniff sniff* But yep, still smells nice. Gonna go play some ranked since I have it loaded up anyway. $¦^ J

Jaer, Sir Veza and Reint like this.
  10. TonySF

TonySF Kobold

Hard to know that when the www domain is down ;)

11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

If you are finding the website anew or only play via navigating the website, I can see that. ~nodnod~ For everyone else, on cardhunter.com for the forums and loading the cardhunter.com game in Kongregate and Steam, ~shrug~ hard to know the www subdomain is down in the first place. $¦^ ]

12. dashv520

dashv520 Orc Soldier

It is still a great game. :(
    Sad.

13. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Not dead, but it is nonresponsive. We should be talking about the anniversary celebration right now (or ending it). If we don't hear from @Jon, @Farbs, or @Flaxative by next weekend, I'm going to call it comatose.

15. stupid531

stupid531 Lizardman Priest

I still play CoC every week!
    (and will probably do so till the end)

Thank you for everything about this game. ;)(greattoken)(greattoken)(greattoken)

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

*poking the game with a stick*

Yep. Ded.

17. hwango

hwango Hydra

I still play pretty much every day. I abandoned several other things when MtGArena devoured my soul, but I have not forsaken Card Hunter.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I've heard @Jon responded in an email that the bithhday build was iffy due to the devs being worn out from working Void Bastards support. I expect loading the Birthday build, and reloading the standard build 72 hours later would be a lot of work.

My Modest Proposal: Load the birthday build and just let it run until you feel like loading the Halloween build. Less pressure, right?

19. battlezoby

battlezoby Ogre

Instead of the entire "Birthday build", maybe they could just put the Loot Fairy everywhere for the weekend?

Reint likes this.
  20. DainankLoL

DainankLoL Kobold

It is a shame that the sixth anniversary wasn't celebrated, but as long as the servers are left running and the website is kept up, I don't think the game could be considered dead. There are still usually 100+ online on this forum! That is quite significant. I also think the game is still generating minimal profit for the company too, otherwise, they would not keep everything running and would have already made an announcement about shutting this down. That being said, however, it is weird that they did not celebrate the sixth anniversary since that might hint that they are looking to shut this game down. Either way, I will keep playing & enjoying Card Hunter for hopefully a few more years!

Kornl and Sir Veza like this.