Battle Log Stuck at 5 May-2019

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by GriffTheThief, May 8, 2019.

1. GriffTheThief

GriffTheThief Orc Soldier

Hi!

The PvP battle log is stuck at May 5th, 2019. Can the devs fix that, please? @Jon, @Flaxative, whoever is in charge now...
    Also, will this affect all PvP match results (victories/losses) in order to determine this month''s winner guilds?

Thank you for your help!

2. Jimmy Pesto

Jimmy Pesto Kobold

Still down perhaps an email to Farbs?

3. GriffTheThief

I don't know his e-mail. Hey @Farbs, are you awake? :D:D

4. Jimmy Pesto

Jimmy Pesto Kobold

5. GriffTheThief

I've sent him an e-mail. Let's wait for his answer.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  6. Jimmy Pesto

Jimmy Pesto Kobold

Wow surprising everything is down now including Current Season, Win Rate and Total Games. No word from Farbs?

7. GriffTheThief

Curiously, yesterday I went to check my current position on the "Total Games" table and only then I noticed all other stats (Win Rate, Total Games, etc) were also offline alongside Battle Log. I don't know if these problems occured in the same day (May 5th).

As for Farbs' reply, I'm still waiting for it. I don't know if my e-mail went directly thru his Spam folder. I know I check my email account on a daily basis (including spam folder) and as I write this, nothing from him arrived here. I advise all guild leaders and major players to send emails to devs' team (not only Farbs) reporting the current issues with the game.

The new Blue Manchu game (Void Bastards) will be released this May 29th, and as such, will demand the normal attention from devs regarding solving issues, squashing bugs, hotfixing, etc etc. So I don't have hopes the current issues will be fixed in a short time.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Jimmy Pesto likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Maybe if we combine emails with whining REALLY loudly ...
    (I know it's lame, but I don't blow things up anymore, and it's so damn limiting.)

9. Kornl

Kornl War Monkey

They disappeared because the tables only include active players... and for the site no player has played in the last two weeks, so everyone is inactive.

Regarding the whining, I'm not so sure that's the way to go (I know some used it ironically - so I appologize in advance, if I did not understand it here). There was so much guild drama etc. and I could really understand if the devs choose to ignore the drama and whining for such a stressful phase as releasing a new game. (I'm still wondering if the stopped battle log was a consequence to some guild drama on that day - which I could somehow understand.) I support writing them, but instead of whining I would include just a big thank you for everything in the past and a good bit of understanding for the stressful live of a dev.

Disclaimer: I was never really involved in guilds or communicated with the devs - so perhaps I'm completely and utterly wrong about everything.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sorry if anyone was put off by my use of the term whining. It just sprang to mind after spending a few days with my great nieces and nephews. Particularly the nieces. Seems it often works for them.
    I missed the more obvious, "May the fifth be with you!"
    My current fifth of Johnny Walker Black has been with me a while, now, and is certainly the worse for wear.
    I wish it lasted longer, but it seems there is a hole at one end whence leaks when I tip the bottle. If it didn't, I probably wouldn't be happy with it.
    Any way, "May the Fifth...," and all that. Cheers!

Kornl likes this.
  11. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

1. The guild system was created unofficially by a player of the game (who just happens to also be a dev) using the public API, meaning anyone can do this, and also meaning the devs (aside from Farbs) don't have any real dealing with the CH [META] website. (It's just been nice that, along with so many other community things like tournaments and so forth, that the devs have officially sponsored such via delivering prizes people can use in-game.) Farbs is the only relevant person to talk to about it.

2. The actually more detailed in-game PvP battle log has not been frozen this month, thus the CH devs really don't need to worry about it:
    PKB-battle-log-example.jpg

I hope this helps! $:^ J

Sir Veza and Kornl like this.
  12. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Oh dear.

I didn't get the email, and only just saw this.

API is back online, so the meta site is now working through all the battles since May 5th. This might take a while...

Apologies for the downtime.

13. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's up to May 8th. So yeah, this'll take a few hours. Watching the season chart progress is kinda fun though.

Sir Veza, ParodyKnaveBob and Kornl like this.