Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Based on your statement about "farming" I'm assuming you're looking to buy mainly for Campaign rather than ranked MP. In that case Mordecai's is far and away the most important item in your list.

Impeccability would be a distant second, in that it can be good against swarming mobs, but (a) only if you're bringing a warrior, and (b) only on levels that you have another (majortoken) to spare. I'd consider it nice to have, and the best at what it does, but not a "must have."

ParodyKnaveBob and Drakkan like this.
  2. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

I'm a big fan of The Inquisition for prebuilt league like Musical Chairs and Wicked Waterways. Lots of nightling about and inquisitor's strike does 13 damage to a character with nightling attached, +2 for each extra attachment, + buffs. Plus it ignores monster hide. Lacks movement but you can easily compensate elsewhere.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The only item on the list I routinely use in farming is Mordecai's Staff of Magma. I agree with my compatriots on their league assessments.

ParodyKnaveBob and Drakkan like this.
  4. awang

awang Kobold

What leagues are Illusion and Pressing Problems most useful for?

And thanks, I've updated my post with item links. I had Javascript disabled, so I didn't see that nifty button.

Yep, right now I'm looking with an eye for campaign. I guess I should ask before splurging, though: is playing campaign actually an effective way of getting better items and/or more gold? If it turns out that buying for multiplayer is a better use of gold then maybe I should reconsider playing more multiplayer.

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

PvP yields more treasure per drop than the campaign, and the gold and purple chests help with rarity as well. However, campaign battles tend to play out much more quickly, so you can get many more chests in the same amount of time. Especially since in PvP you may draw much higher Elo opponents and play several matches with no reward.
    I recommend playing some of each to determine which you like best, and what gives the best results for you.
    And ALWAYS enter the leagues, whether you play them or not. ;)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. zuzzu

zuzzu Kobold

Also, at level 18 or such you'll unlock the cavern of chaos which is much faster as a loot method than anything else. Takes some time to get used to and know well all mobs/character to complete fast, but if you're a collector it pays of, especially using the club membership in conjunction with playing it. (You get on average a legendary and 2-3 epics every run)

7. awang

awang Kobold

I'll definitely have to try that out.

And for entering the leagues, doesn't that sort of conflict with hoarding enough gold to buy legendaries? They seem to be somewhat gold-intensive if they are entered on a regular basis...

That's an interesting idea. I've tried CoC a few times, but found it to be slightly beyond my skill level (and it's always fun when you have to go up against trolls and/or mind muchers). Seems I'll have to spend more time learning it.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I have a temporary account which I have the devs reset periodically so I can reacquaint myself with slow-crawl stages of the early game. After a reset I usually miss some leagues due to a lack of gold, but within a few days I'm entering them again. Having 5 years experience with this game gives me an advantage over genuine first-run players because I already know the adventures, the AI, and some methods of getting by with low-grade equipment. I also know that by churning (repeatedly running) the adventures I can run fastest I can pile up a considerable amount of gold in a relatively short period of time.
    To me, spending 50 gp for 3 gold chests has proven worthwhile over time.

Reint and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  9. awang

awang Kobold

When you churn adventures, are you running the entire module or just the first 1/2/3 levels?

How many times are you entering leagues per day, and how many modules do you play per day? I think building up a gold horde is possible if I enter a league (sometimes two) each day, but entering leagues consistently over time seems to require me to grind a decent amount to sustain my gold levels. Maybe I just need to work on figuring out how to finish campaign modules faster...

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

We're a bit off topic for the thread, but it ties in, after a fashion. What a player needs depends upon how and what they play.
    Could be either. For some adventures, repeatedly farming the first level only is a good method for getting items of that level. When the game first started, any adventure completed could not be played again at all until it reset. This changed with the introduction of co-op.

For farming, finishing faster is the key. Each player has a limited time to play. Whether short or long, maximizing wins in the time available is key. Firestorm tends to be a favorite of farmers because it can really speed up low and mid-level adventures.

If I'm awake and online, I enter the league.

11. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

http://forums.cardhunter.com/thread...he-caverns-of-chaos-so-you-dont-have-to.8486/

Sir Veza likes this.
  12. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Pawndawan likes this.
  14. Pawndawan

For those rare cases, I have my onshore hoard fund. #dragon #brag

[​IMG]

ParodyKnaveBob, Reint and Sir Veza like this.
  15. Pawndawan

16. Pawndawan

17. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I would buy the 6th Asmod. Having 6 allows 2 each on 3 wizards, and putting tokens into stuff like Robes, Racial Skill or Arcane Skill is quite normal for wizards.

18. Pawndawan

19. Pawndawan

20. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Easy Silver Lightning

Pawndawan likes this.