Misanthrope's Pearl is worse than Uncertain Juju, but valued the same

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Sir Knight, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Both Misanthrope's Pearl and Uncertain Juju are level 1 Uncommon Divine Items. Both have two copies of Bad Medicine. Misanthrope's Pearl, however, has the drawback Loner for its third card, while Uncertain Juju has the default Wavering Faith.

Is this just a coincidence for these two items, or is it indicative of some problem in valuing cards, e.g., Loner not being considered as bad as it is?

2. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Probably because Loner is a trait, which means you will at least draw something else to replace it (and depending on how you position your priest, the damage from it can be 0), whereas Wavering Faith pretty much have to be the last card you play or you'll lose 2 cards for it.

3. Sir Knight

Seems possible. Judging by player response, though, people shy away from Loner, while they recommend Wavering Faith (at low levels).

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Its the worst drawback in the game for pve without a doubt not only does it do enough damage to one shot you on most early maps if you draw it at the wrong time it also does unpreventable damage unlike most drawbacks. Obviously this doesn't have to apply at level 50 when the damage is comparable to a decent hit but especially early its horrid and not even close to comparable to Wavering Faith.

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Some items are just worse than others.

6. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Loner {shudders in fear} :(

7. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Loner is such a bad drawback that items with it are never worth using, and therefore are just vendor trash that dilutes the loot pool.

8. Sir Knight

I'd disagree on "never": I did most of the drawback quests from level 1 to 9 with a Loner or two (or three). Kobolds and Goblins made it less feasible, but even then I only stopped using those items versus Kobolds.

9. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

In most cases, you start next to your party and if you draw Loner in your opening hand you will take damage. The damage isn't too bad if your character is at high level or you have mitigating cards, but it's a killer at the lower levels, imho.

10. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

I tried out a loner card(full of lifeleech) a while back, I think the worst time I drew it, it did 18 damage to me(2 friends, 7 enemies nearby), which was a one-shot at the time. It counts friends and enemies, and there is no mitigation short of impenetrable nimbus.