Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Never saw your item, but Flax seems pretty wary of trading off powerful cards for drawbacks, i.e. I can make a staff with 3 x fireball and 3 x traveling curse and it's only (minortoken)(minortoken), but it would also completely shatter the meta (think 2 x armoured D wiz carrying this and a D priest loaded with buffs and inspiring presence behind them).

Go to your keep, type 'arsenal' in the search box, and you'll see that basically none of the winners do this, with perhaps the exception of Fashionable Ball & Chain, which pretty much the worst of the (minortoken) violent spin boots.

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Based upon my observations:
    - You'll need a good match for the theme.
    - You'll need a good name to match your item.
    - The item can not be so powerful that it might upset the meta. Lower power, yet catchy, is more likely to be selected than powerful.

My own preferences (feel free to ignore):
    - Don't submit something you wouldn't actually use. (What's the point?)
    - As a collector, Rare or lower is best. Epic is okay if it's actually useful. Legendary should really be worth the cost. Just sayin'. My ultimate goal is to have a full set of everything, and spending millions for crap is a definite turn off. There is already plenty of that. If the game stays up and I don't die, I should complete my collection before the earth crashes into the sun.

Remarks on my own submission for this contest:
    I'm old, and old people don't bounce well. I was once an okay alpine skier, but never very good. Since I haven't tried it for more than 25 years, medevac is something I'd want available.
    The other reason for the submission is an homage to USAF Pararescue. I spent years working with them in a support capacity, and they are the most hardcore good guys I've ever met. High angle rescue is one of their specialties. Hoo-ah!
    I kinda hope it isn't selected, because there are other submissions I like better.

And, yes, I have been drinking again. I'm old, widowed, and retired, so I can do what I want. Plus, it's too cold to go fishing, so I won't need to get up early anyway.

Good Hunting!

Led, Kornl, Happenstance and 3 others like this.
  3. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Thought it would be nice to get an "actual misprint" on a card. A limited edition collectors item so to say. skip.png
    Thanks to PhoenixTheHunter for helping me create/code the image.

HisRoyalHygiene, Kornl and Sir Veza like this.
  4. ThriceElite

ThriceElite Kobold

Ok so I admit that I'm new at this Aloyzo's Arsenal Submissions thing and don't know a thing about skiing, but what I do know is that somethingsomething to deal with the cold. So fire. And since I could use something with Firestorm that has some antiarmor included for low level campaign farming, Melt Armors were added. The random Hot Spot was added because even tho I had originally put a second Combustible there, Vakaz's Item Creator kept on nagging me that the Item Level must be at least 1. So one Hot Spot later, and it's a level 3 staff. I followed the guide to determine item rarity and it says it's an epic.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Dunno if it will win, but it looks good to me. Flax may consider it too strong for an AA submission, but IMO it's borderline (useful, but not OP). Good luck!

6. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

I like it. Strong theme and would definitely be useful as a SP item.

7. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

I think that Slippery Ski(p) Trip is too similar to Untrained Evasion. 2/3 same cards and Superstitious is usually easier to play around than Trip.

I don't have any clear favourite. I've liked the following submissions:

Maniafig likes this.