Bug with Item Shops

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Darkblade, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Darkblade

Darkblade Kobold

I logged in today and saw the Silver Lightning Staff in The Daily Deal for 2500 gold.
    I dragged the one I have into the shop, which resulted in both of the items value dropping to 100 gold.

I then took the Staff (from the shop, not the one I dragged into it) and was able to take the 2nd staff as well, despite only having a little over 1000 gold.
    This resulted in both items in my inventory, and negative 1421 Gold.
    I left the shop, went back in, dragged the staff into the window, which resulted in the item price of both dropping to 100 again, and the Gold went up to negative 1321. (and subsequent loss of the wand entirely)

Attached Files:

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The purchase versus resale prices (2500 and 100) is normal.
    The negative balance is definitely a major bug.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If you log out and log back in, does it fix things?

There have been times in the past where doing weird things in the shop (like dragging items to the table instead of your inventory) would confuse the client, but the server won't be fooled and won't let you spend money you don't have.

4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You might check to see if the balance owed increases. Considering his retail/resale ratio, Randimar's interest rate on credit sales might make loan sharks seem philanthropic. :eek:

5. Darkblade

Darkblade Kobold

After logging in today, the balance is positive again, but the wand is gone.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Did you check Skarl's?

7. Darkblade

Darkblade Kobold

yes, but it is not there.
    Just double checked to make sure.

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

The original wand you had owned prior to this? Or the second one that you bought through the bug (with insufficient funds)?

9. Darkblade

Darkblade Kobold

both.
    I moved the wand I owned into the shop.
    Took the newer wand from the shop.
    Pulled the previously owned wand from the shop.
    Moved both back into the shop.

As the funds were negative, it was not possible to move either of them back to my pack.
    When the shop reset the next day and my balance returned to normal, the wands were already gone as a new daily shop inventory was generated.