Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. DARK MAGIC

DARK MAGIC War Monkey

[​IMG]

2. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

Yes, patience!...Wait until next year!

DARK MAGIC likes this.
  3. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

I don't mind the long wait, what I'm more disappointed about is that there will likely not be a Halloween AA this year.

4. hello world

hello world Hydra

So, with the contest closing soonish, what do you think won? I'm hoping for hyango's foreshadowed strike, but the quality seems maybe a little too low. Really hoping it is not a 4+ block.

5. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

I wonder... There is a number of possibilities

6. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Yeah, I am partial to that WexMajor's Timeslip.
    I don't know why but it's a very sexy card. An the user too! XD

HisRoyalHygiene likes this.
  7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I'd also like some pipe tobacco for Christmas...
    [​IMG]
    Gnome Pipeweed
    Epic Treasure

Kornl likes this.
  8. Kornl

Kornl War Monkey

I liked that tolkien posted the Gnome Pipeweed art (actually I first thought, he created it, but then noticed it's the Poisoned Relic art). But I like the idea of users optionally giving an idea of the item they have in mind. So is it okay to include art into the submission? Or should it really go separately into the submission discussion thread? ("Submit only the above 4 pieces of information. If you need to say more about your item, do it in the submission discussion thread.") In either case I challenge everyone to do so. :)

Most of us (me included) are no graphic designers - just think of it as as a nonbinding, but interesting sketch.

Btw. here is my fish tank... ehm, Crystal Ball of Water for the "All I want for Christmas..." Aloyzo's Arsenal:

Orb_of_Water2.png (pasted together from Azgul's Orb and Slippery)
    It's a scrying ball to the elemental plane of water and this text is not a discussion of my entry, but an example of what I mean. ;) (Future visualizations for future AA entries will go where it is told me that they should go.)​

And thanks for Aloyzo's Arsenal!

Gast86, tolkien and SceoMyntan like this.
  9. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

With regards to my submission:
    what would be the most viable drawback to choose: Wimpy to tone down the high damage output, Defensiveness for home defense flavor with an strange antisynergy/ synergy or Cowardly to really tone down it's power as an item?

10. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

I love it but I don't see how it can get through, Tolks. Monster cards are very often wildly undercosted, and I'd suggest that the 8 damage shotgun slugs are firmly in gold territory (single target silver mage 6 range cards top out at 6 damage, this is more into the 7-10 mega laser damage), and the shotgun spray is edging towards emerald.

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Me too, but gnomes are notoriously into "Lawn Forcement," so it would have to be on the down low. (It's a gardening thing.)

Melancthon, SceoMyntan, Reint and 4 others like this.
  12. Kornl

Kornl War Monkey

Two new item illustrations:

tv.png Gast86's "Magic Box"

card1.png SceoMyntan's gift card "Flexible Giving"

13. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Kornl's is better, but here's my submission anyway. I was playing with the idea of using the same image..just it's hard to draw in Paint.
    tv.png

Kornl likes this.
  14. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

I liked the idea of my submission (dancing shoes, 2x quick step, 1x jump back) so I posted it before realising it is lvl 18 i.e. a major token i.e. unplayable.

So, should I:
    A) leave the design as-is, risking introducing another AA item that is never used
    B) compromise the quality to keep the theme intact (by adding a shuffle, perhaps)
    C) scrap the idea and go with something else?

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

As always, I recommend submitting something you'd actually like to use.
    As for the flavor, my version would probably include Dangerous Maneuver because I'm a terrible dancer. Your dancing may vary.

16. HisRoyalHygiene

HisRoyalHygiene Guild Leader

Haha!
    And thanks. Submitted a different item. Although I think Open wound on a divine item is probably an instant D/Q, I'm quite happy with my submission.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

So, as someone who's fairly new never won A.A. I'm always left wondering: why not mine?.. :p Is there any post-contest afterthought kind of thread?

18. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

When Flax had more time he used to make reveal videos, but even those didn't cover every item submitted, there's just too many to expect that. And the reasons can be myriad, anywhere from "it'd break the game" to "good item, but there was one liked more." Two things you can do, first go back and watch some of the videos from the very first AA contests, there Flax talks about some of the reasons and rational for both selection and rejection. Secondly, you can always ask the community to give their honest thoughts on why it may or may not be selected... certainly what they say is not gospel, but sometimes others can spot a fairly good reason something won't be selected.

Fwiw, my thoughts on your submission: The idea is hilarious and well themed. The potential problem I see is that if my quick math is right it's a (minortoken), and while the cards you put with Accelerate Time are actually bad enough that it might just be balanced, the general consensus when AT was added to the game was that it is so potentially game warping it was only going to be on (majortoken) items. So, if that still holds in the devs eyes, then it would be a disqualifier.

19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Tiac here is the thread to talk submissions.
    Technically, you're fine with your submission. However, Ice Bolts used to be a monster only card. It's very powerful and if you'd like to see two of them on an item, I'd say your best bet would be a staff, but even there it's a long shot.

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. Tiac

Tiac Kobold

Ah, deleted my post in the other thread. I had hoped to offset it's power with one of the most punishing handicaps.

Sir Veza likes this.