A new guild scoring system

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Farbs, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If it was up to me, the rule would be "Alts are not allowed to play Ranked or League games." But how would we prove that someone is an alt?

2. Testlum

Testlum Lizardman Priest

I think moving with having a one account restriction used for guild competition makes a lot of sense. There are reasonable explanations for alts (I have one for peasant games, among the other reasons like Abbus has said), but it'd go a long way to counter the idea of sniping for points from "lower" guilds and other accusations.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

How about having multiple accounts with each in a different guild? It just seems like another possible approach which I haven't heard mentioned. Kind of a lottery thing with small odds, but a chance of winning. Just a thought.

4. Abbus

Abbus Orc Soldier

You're right. Having 2-3 alts in the same guild is not a problem at all!:D Anyway, you said what I should have said. :rolleyes:

That's it. We all must get over it.:oops:

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. Derek

Derek Orc Soldier

The common theme I'm gathering from almost everyone's opinions thus far is this:

The problems with the old system are either: a result of behavior that violates ToS, not addressed by the new system, or exacerbated by the new system.

This doesn't mean that the new system doesn't have its own set of benefits, as many of us have also outlined. I think it could be a smashing success! Ultimately I believe only time will tell if this system improves player engagement (which should be the ultimate goal of the guild system).

And I believe that for any scoring system to be a success in Cardhuntria, active and informed moderation is essential. Let's start there.

6. tq4t

tq4t Kobold

The system is worse than the old one... and the old one was fine. The only issue was high end players at the end of the month made alt guilds because the risk to reward ratios were no longer worth it.

There needs to be at least a -1 point loss for a loss. The old system balanced skill to guild gains because if you lost as a high-end guild you would often lose -12 and win 1 or 2. Now you are simply giving the ranks to the people who grind the most.

The guild function is the "end game." This system has removed it.

Dark Brightness likes this.
  7. Dark Brightness

Dark Brightness Orc Soldier

Well seems like someone has to abuse this current system to its limits because this is the only way to tell to administration that it's not WORKING.

Got a good idea for that, like gurel said go ahead and recruit 0 elo newbies or just go ahead make an alt, play Garry and if you're high tier you can even keep playing until you get 1300s, which makes it more or less 30 easy gained points at bare minimum, then go ahead and make a new one !

Honestly if the system was made in a way that guild matches take and give more points, but it was set on 4 or 3 for defeat and double for blitz, without any bonus elo gain for low tiers, then "sniping" wouldn't mean much, it wouldn't be minus 10+ points but just 8 max.

Honestly I still don't understand why in the old system the bigger The gap, the more points you lose system even existed. To give chances to non dominant guilds to win? Yeah right more like it was made for Alt sniping abuse,but this one is actually even worse and honestly if you want us to abuse it beyond limits to make you notice, so be it. When words can't reach might as well some actions do so.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If I hadn't accidentally entered a multiplayer battle as a result of screen freeze I would have more than 4 years since my last MP battle, so I really don't have much of a dog in this fight.
    That being said, I believe the whole point of guilds was an attempt to get groups of players to cooperate with one another, aiding the progress of the less skilled and encouraging more people to join the MP portion of the game.
    It doesn't seem to have worked particularly well.
    When the top players band together to receive rewards, I think it tends to drive away the newer players.
    Matching players against those of much higher ratings also seems detrimental. If the Elo difference were limited to plus or minus 7 percent, I think newer players might be more inclined to compete. If you choose not to compete against GMs, you might have to wait a while, but being whacked by an opponent with more than 300 points higher rating isn't much of an incentive to continue.
    The base player rating of any game isn't the outstanding, it's the average.
    This is just one old geezer's opinion, and as long as this game is on-line I'll probably keep farming the campaign and helping those who ask.
    I wish all of you a Happy New Year and Good Hunting!

9. Nero313

Nero313 Mushroom Warrior

Free pizza = Free loading

10. Led

Led Orc Soldier

I like the new change. From the experience of a (self confessed) good player who likes to dabble in different builds it can be kind of stressful trying to get a high 1700+ elo just to apply for a guild then only be told, 'sorry we already have 5 people'.
    I dont give a monkey about the pizza prizes. If i want pizza i buy it, it means nothing. I want a community and other players to play with and just theory craft and crap. Maby now I can look to join a new guild and help them earn points, but all i really want is a team of social people. My problem with this game is I have never really be able to convince my friends to play it. That leaves me needing the community to play with. I am yet to find that inclusive part of the community to just chat on discord with and hang out. I always been a social gamer and this is a great game but I always feel alone when i play it.
    Hopefully these changes make the guilds of more active players open up a bit.

Sir Veza, ParodyKnaveBob and Temaukel like this.
  11. tq4t

tq4t Kobold

The new system has basically destroyed the competitive play. Just check out the top winrate leaderboards and notice how at least 30% of the top players are no longer on it (you no longer appear after a period of inactivity showing that they are not playing.)

10 or so from the guild Kakken alone.

> http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/winrateleaderboard.php

And to your point there were always people who were interesting in being social and helping. It was only a handful of guilds that competed for pizza. It hasn't changed anything substantially on that note other than high end players are playing less because the reason they played, competition, is gone.

12. tq4t

tq4t Kobold

So far in January, I have 46 wins in 53 games. FIVE of my losses came to cardtron. The competitive players are gone.

Honestly, I looked at some stats and about 7 losses to players and 5 to cardtron (seasons ranking didn't count matches vs guild players). Point is this system has taken the fight and fun away from ranking in guilds.