Card Synergies and tips

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Bandreus, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Gusts Of War + Ready To Strike, Muscle Through + Ready To Strike

Ready to Strike is a static, defensive card, right? They have to come to you, right?
    Nope.
    With gust you should be able to move your Strike-Warrior next to a target and then immdiately move that target. Just mind the order you choose targets.
    Muscle through allows your Strike-Warrior to close the distance to one or even more enemies and immediately deal strike damage.

PULSEFIRE, Sir Veza and Maniafig like this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Add Violent Spin - Take multiple enemies that have teamed up on you, keep them next to you (triggering RtS) and then run away = multi-hit + escape.

Reint, PULSEFIRE and Sir Veza like this.
  3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

This was precisely my build for the new map 1.

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Here a few more synergies worth mentioning.

Medium's Garb gives you cards you wouldn't otherwise be able to use. I've seen at least one player very patiently try to use the duration 2 card Unholy Curse with Jim's Magic Missile, you can imagine the imposing results on unarmored targets. The fire that comes with the twins does profit from it as well.
    Pairing Garb with Blind Rage can get you in trouble, since you'll most likely end up paying 3 hp for a card.

Slowed triggers Vanguard. Time to dust off that Staff Of Chask.

Should be a no brainer, better dont pair Antimagic Skin with Unholy Energy. You'll get 1 card back at most. The armor will trigger itself and purge you and your priest. But maybe a timed purge for two is exactly what you want? Can't see a use for it at the moment. You may however cast Accelerated Thought, the damage will lead to a purge before the card gets attached. When you thought about pairing antimagic skin and Spark Of Undeath, don't, youll get zombified after damage and will get only zombie form cards.

5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

elven maneauvers + dynamic armor= OHHHH YEAAAAA

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Maniafig, ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  8. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Robauke and Sir Veza like this.
  9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I wonder if it'd affect anything that changes your facing... like cone attacks?

10. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    gurel2, Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  11. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Muscle Through works weird with Ready to Strike. Almost as if it's not a move.
    Negative Energy Being works well with Holy Armor (It doesn't damage the character and still heals allies)
    Spark of Undeath played on an Arrogant character lets him draw from his own deck.

fatcat__25 and Sir Veza like this.
  12. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

What's weird with MT + RtS? I combo'd that right from the beginning, even beating "the guy who always beats rinco" as rinco put it (while #1 player at the time) which garnered a big enough audience that probably some witness here remembers and can corroborate.

Kornl likes this.
  13. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I do remember it was weird. It would require more testing, but I believe that if you Muscle Through to a character that has Ready to Strike, RTS doesn't trigger. It lets you move that character before RTS damages the Musceling character.

14. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

cold stacking for a warrior to come in and inq strike them is fun

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  15. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Slowed triggers Wind Dancer.
    Oddly enough not yet explicitly mentioned here. Which makes Advanced Flexibility and Focused Dervish an even better combo. A little ease, that makes items with slowed for warriors more bearable. There are five more items, most of them skills for humans, but also the interesting Grimsong's Scythe.

As already mentioned, slowed also profits from vanguard as well as from quickness aura and similiar effects, making it in such a build even more bearable.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Impaler now adds +1 once you're using Frenzy Aura and / or Vampiric Form to turn regular attacks into penetrating attacks. Probably works with the new card "1oo years too early" as well.

Shifting Block has a card draw now, and if i understood correctly, an Arrogant Armor will negate whatever form pops up, to let you draw from your own card pool instead.
    The new card "Stoic Blade" does a lesser job then arrogant armor, since it allows handicaps and therefore Zombie Form.

Smoke Bomb and Shifty Stab go well with the current Ready To Strike - and i figure so does the new card "Iai Strike"

Slippery and Dimensional Traveler can help stretch out that new Bless limitation

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    tolkien, Flaxative and Sir Veza like this.
  17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok