Further steam achievement bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by PaladinGP, Oct 13, 2015.

1. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

The steam achievements for collections still have something setting them off early.
    I am 5 epics off the full base-set collection, but that went off today as I was doing nothing in particular - except that it was my first login to the Halloween update, so I suspect something to do with the new shop appearing/new items being added has affected the count.
    I think it's base set specific, as well as to do with the halloween addition, as I didn't get the Citadel epic achievement I still don't have - and am only 1 item away from- at the same time.

Thanks,
    Paladin.

winner likes this.
  2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I bet the Halloween items are being counted towards your totals.

winner likes this.
  3. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

I also obtained the Common Collector achievement early while I did not have the Pain Hat yet (the only common item I did not have I think). This was before the Halloween event. Maybe someone should check if the AA items are counted in? Or maybe it is just steam having the wrong numbers
    2015-09-30_00001.jpg

winner likes this.
  4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

AA items shouldn't be included as they are in a different set.

winner likes this.
  5. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I am denied the "emperor" achievement, the one that says "get MP rating to 1800". I hit exactly 1800 earlier today but steam doesn't seem impressed. Someone said i need 1801, some say i need to play and win another AFTER i hit 1800 to get it, in both cases its bugged. Can't recall how the lower rating achievements behaved but maybe its the same for all of them?

EDIT: Its a big deal for 1800 since it isnt exactly easy to reach. The thing if feared happened, i lost the follow-up match and 30 pts, chances are good ill never see 1800 again. I would rather relax and try other stuff but with the achievement in reach i cant just pass on it. Its not enough that i know deep down that i already earned it, i want the actual badge.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. rinco69

rinco69 Thaumaturge

I had the same issue with the emperor achievement. I had to break 1800 a second time. The difference is the 2nd time I had recently launched the client, instead of what I usually do which is reconnect an old instance after waking the laptop.

And I also have the inverse issue to the original poster. I have complete sets of items according to the neoncat tool hosted on the website. But steam thinks I am far from completing any set. I believe this also due to reconnecting after hibernation, instead of a fresh relaunch of the client.

winner likes this.
  7. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Speaking of ranked ratings and Steam Achievements, here's a completely unbiased $F^ } in-game slice showing all the MP ratings I could muster, compared to Steam's icons:

upload_2016-11-19_15-44-55.png upload_2016-11-19_15-12-5.png upload_2016-11-19_15-35-50.png

Shifting all icons down one rating would appear to fix the achievements; of course, as soon as you beat Gary that first time, you lose the simple cloth one (right?), meaning you'll never earn that icon with the current achievements.

I wanna be one of @mikey76500's Purple People Eaters. $;^ D

Er, I mean, uh,
    in the name of the Sorcererers, I fight for the people! to show their top MP badges! $:^ P

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    winner and mikey76500 like this.
  8. ParodyKnaveBob

Like @PaladinGP, today I noticed I've never owned Opaline Armor, yet Steam says I have the Rare Collector achievement.

9. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

It seems they count holiday reskins, even though Jon said somewhere (I think) that they shouldn't. Discovered this when a holiday reskin I didn't own dropped and I acquired Common Collector.

10. ParodyKnaveBob

This thread's second post (which is by Jon) certainly insinuates it's wrong. $;^ J

11. Steinhauser

Steinhauser Lizardman Priest

This is bugging the heck outta me.

Do I have to wait til Christmas or something?

Attached Files:

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Could it be a recent AA item? I don't think the analysis tool is entirely up to date on those.

13. winner

winner Orc Soldier

Do i have to wait till next year

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Possibly the year after. It's hard to tell about these things.

15. Steinhauser

Steinhauser Lizardman Priest

I know I've done all the MMs, so I knew it wasn't likely. I double checked, and there are only two AA uncommons, neither of them recent (or missing).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  16. winner

winner Orc Soldier

But i can't wait till next year too long

17. I'm Not Flax

I'm Not Flax Kobold

18. winner

winner Orc Soldier

I also agree with steinhauser about the aa uncommons