Printable Card Hunter Sets?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by zovc, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Like a virtual tabletop using CH assets? Would love to have something like this for running Dnd.

Side note: Does anyone have access to any of the art assets from loot and legends? I loved the overworld map "terrain", would be awesome to be able to print some of that stuff out.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

No, more like a spinoff title :)

I don't have the assets for L&L unfortunately, maybe look up some of the their dev team on twitter?

3. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Did a few quick searches and tried checking a backup of their website but not coming across names. There was a guy from their team DFjason i think who had posted over here a few times but didn't see any other info on his profile.

Any ideas? @Stexe might know someone?

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I just pray if Blue Manchu ever make a printable playable version of CH in some form, they don't become greedy like certain other card games.

Cough *Magic the Gathering* cough *Richard Garfield corporate sellout* cough *used to be a cool nerd like the rest of us but then made a deal with the devil for lots and lots of $$ in exchange for loss of his soul and excluding the game from all players bar those who were rich and/or really talented and willing to grind but still don't make a profit from playing online and/or don't manage to crack Planeswalkers to make their deck competitive* COUGH

Promise me Farbs, promise me...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  5. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

...you know Richard Garfield was consultant on card hunter right? :rolleyes:

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Is there any CCG released in the last ten years that did NOT hire a couple M:tG people as consultants?

I'm curious about when exactly @Christofff thinks Garfield sold out. I get started right before 4th ed/Ice Age (and knew people with Beta cards) and its obvious that his goal from the start was to print money.

7. Derek

Derek Orc Soldier

I gotta give credit where its due. Now, perhaps its because Card Hunter never boomed liked the devs were hoping, but this game started and has remained incredibly cheap (free) and accessible to anyone who wants it. And it does not make sacrifices to achieve this. Its truly one of the best parts of the game.

8. supergeek2

supergeek2 Kobold

I can find the pictures, just not the card
    Steam version cardhunter>assets>card illustrations

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Cards are rendered by the game engine.
    1. Open console by pressing F2.
    2. Type "forceload" to load all illustrations and render the cards. You'll see a ton of errors about text not fitting and images that didn't load.
    3. Type "savecardart 85 {cardname}" to create a card image. The 85 is the JPEG quality, and it will prompt you where to save the result.
    4. Press F1 to close the console.

For the figures, check this directory (only shows the front side):
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\CardHunter\assets\large_portraits

10. supergeek2

supergeek2 Kobold

Wait, where do I press F2? the game engine?

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yes. It opens the in-game console as long as you aren't in a chest shop.
    I don't know why it doesn't work there, but it doesn't.

Hmm. It works now, but I used to have to exit the chest shop to change animspeed. Maybe it was browser specific.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  12. supergeek2

supergeek2 Kobold

Every time I do it, it either shows error or cheat nonexistent or something like that.
    I tried savecardart 85 {dash} savecardart 85dash

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Try "savecardart 85 Dash".

14. nocsha

nocsha Kobold

I hadnt loaded this game up in ages! (Post Firestorm Nerf and before my priest theory build got nerfed) This game was my very first PnP game almost 10 years ago its VERY doable. I highly recommend to use a card generator like Magic Set Editor or if you're REALLY fancy setting up templates in Inkscape, I havent checked out just how much the card art and frames have changed, but if i can find my old PNP Ill have to post some pics!

Sir Veza likes this.
  15. supergeek2

supergeek2 Kobold

When i do it this shows up
    Error with command: Error #1009
    STACK TRACE:
    TypeError: Error #1009
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient::StaticCardRenderer/render()
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient::StaticCardRenderer()
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient.assets::CardImagePool/getImage()
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient::DevConsole/HandleCmd_savecardart()
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient::DevConsole/doCommand()
    at com.cardhunter.pcclient::DevConsole/onInputKeyDown()
    CLIENT COMMANDS:
    CLIENT VERSION: 3.225.0.12351

Edited: Oopps, the smiley faces are capital d's.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020