Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

IMO, bash has long been overcosted and poorly itemized. I'm loving Lunging Bash now that the CM expansion brought out the galvanized boots and helm, particularly on my lower level farming teams.

2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Bash might as well be a Bronze card.

Which, hey, for Wizards it is. Bash Wizard supremacy! ;)

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

I agree, this is my third attempt to fix this in AA! hahah

4. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Whoops, for some reason I thought greater heal was 9 instead of 8. ...only been playing triple priests for years when...

One could possibly remove 25 attachments with purging burst. (Max possible 27)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It's amazing how hard counting to 25 is.

I had a great idea yesterday, but it required a range 2 Assist or Utility card or a 0 damage Attack (something like "Short Telekinesis" or "Punishing Stab").

I currently have two potential entries I'm fairly happy with. One fits the theme four ways, but I don't know if anyone would ever use it. The other only fits the theme two ways, but is something I'd really like to see in the game... for reasons that may get it disqualified.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Yes, @Kalin, i'm not the only one who has struggled in basic math on this arsenal though I hate to mention it to some of the newer contributors figuring they have their reasons.
    My vote is to go with a submission that might be used.
    Push the envelope.

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I only ever enter things I'd like to see in the game/use myself. Unless your sole goal is to be the AA winner, I've never seen any point in submitting an item you would just throw on your proverbial Keep shelf. But then again, I've never been selected in an AA contest, so...

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Other than the obvious jokes, same here. I was really surprised when my entry was picked last time, but I'm using it on a daily basis now.

10. Founder

Founder Hydra

I genuinely don't understand some of the submissions.

Sir Veza, Maniafig and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

+1
    The good news is, I think Flax is much better at this than I am.

12. ParodyKnaveBob

I can't help but wonder, any reason to pick Simple Strike instead of a third Able Bludgeon for 5s all the way across? (I tried to see if the 3 added up in some other way, but 4*3*{3,5,6,121}+5*2+3 = {49,73,85,1465} (i.e. it's {full party, range 5, full PvP character roster, 121 potential squares affected})...) EDIT: What was I thinking? Fives across wouldn't be 25 anyway!

Nevermind, you're using 4*3+5*2+3=25, silly me. $E^ }

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Wow @Kalin nice job healing and damaging for 25. Deep magic.
    And three cards at range 8 and three cards at range 1. Very cool.
    That's why he's head of Designers Den, y'all.

14. ParodyKnaveBob

@Frostguard's item looks excellent -- so excellent in fact, I don't believe it'll ever see the light of day. $:^ } Lol.

@Kalin, congrats indeed. I don't know if Greater Heal + Rad Bomb can fly together on a (majortoken)(minortoken), but with the full combination of cards not being the strongest together, and the beautiful +25 simultaneously going on, (not to mention the 5*5 card,) I actually wouldn't be too surprised if you snag this one. $:^ J

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I actually added the G Heal to get that major token. My first attempt had Rad Bomb and 3x Invig for double minor, and I knew that wouldn't fly. This version doesn't increase the max Rad Bombs you can put in a deck.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. Nevus

Nevus Kobold

my submission used with permission from @tolkien

17. Hey guys,

any ideas how to replace the last card on this item. Dreadfully Ill isn't used yet, so I'm kinda not fully satisfied with my creation, although it more or less answers the question why you would like to end your lover (and if a specific Paul Simon song is haunting you the next hours, I've done my job right). Problem is, Superstitious for example would perfectly fit this month's theme but any card lowering the level would put this into double-minor class and a laser attack on a staff without a major token seems problematic, too (and I can't use more powerful cards in the other five slots to get more freedom on the sixth without breaking the idea, I've tried everything). Most other handicaps doesn't work well with the item's idea (e.g. Squeamish, Wimpy). I can't have another attack, obviously; assists, boosts and armor aren't printable on staffs (I don't want Pull the Trigger). Move and utility doesn't seem right, too. So perhaps - unless you have another idea how to 'fix' this - the question boils down to: What is the block card that works best here (and on a staff in general)?

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

19. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

You are correct that Dreadfully Ill doesn't appear on player items which in AA is usually a no-no. However, given that the card was created specifically for an MM which Flax designed, imo it increases your chance of getting chosen, especially since it's not being used to drop the item to a lower token level, and it's a "monster" card that is entirely mundane. Just my thoughts, I've never won, so I might not have a clue what I'm talking about.

20. ParodyKnaveBob

tolkien likes this.