The Joy of Account Resetting - Is there any?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Veza, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It all depends upon what you enjoy.
    I'm not suggesting a reset of your main account because major component of Card Hunter is the loot chase. I've finally reached 100% item collection on my main account, and have no intention of zeroing that out, nor my remaining pizza. However, those of us who enjoy starting with nothing and building something viable, creating an account with the intent of resetting it periodically is perfectly reasonable. If you can only perceive this as unreasonable (or perhaps patently insane), this is probably a good place for you to stop reading. I suspect the 'start from scratch' aspect will primarily apply to those who enjoy the campaign.
    Another point of possible enjoyment is reading the GM prompts which only show up during the initial run. They've changed substantially from the 2013 version. Some might consider this reason enough to re-run the campaign.
    I've reached a 92% collection in a bit over a year, and farmed good enough gear to run the entire campaign in comfortable fashion months ago. I'm having my resetme account zeroed out now in order to build a reasonable collection in time for the 5th Birthday Celebrations in September. (Which I really hope we'll have.)
    As to Joy: While it hasn't made me giddy with delight, I have enjoyed the run. Now I'm ready to read the story prompts again.

2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

3. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Congrats. Just saw when you posted in another thread. Do you have max usable yet though? :-P

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Not yet. I'll probably finish epics in a few months, but a max load of legendaries is still very far away.

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Back in the day I had max usable for Rare and was close to most Epics if I remember correctly. But yeah, max usable for Legendaries is like impossible, lol.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'd somehow forgotten about the grinding. I just finished grinding out 2k gp to get Chartwell's Ring from the DD. Grinding takes longer using poor to moderate equipment, which provides incentive to grind for better gear. Yes, I know it's a loot-chase trap. Some of us embrace it, for some odd reason. "Odd" may be the key word here.
    Now that I've spent the gold I'll be kinda ticked if a Lavastaff shows up in tonight's DD. As it stands, I only need to leisurely farm 2.5k by Saturday to get the Strongarm from Randi's.
    So for now, it's break time.

Mr. Magnifico likes this.