Aloyzo's Arsenal Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm back!

I feel like I owe a more detailed explanation for my absence since it's been so long. I'll put it in spoilers since it's probably unnecessary.

A bicycle that normally stands in my garage next to the garage door was shifted to stand in my garage against the garage door. I opened the garage door, the bike fell on my leg, and the story would end here if I weren't so skilled at bruising. I have a bleeding disorder. It took me about two weeks to recover, in & out of hospital, never in serious danger, but constantly pretty worried. During this time I wasn't able to really work normally.

Almost immediately after finishing the recovery process, my computer broke :)

Just got it back. Anyway, that's the whole saga. I'm back now (though traveling soon) and doing my best to catch up. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need something, or if you already asked me to do something for you (like LF password) and I haven't gotten back to you yet.

Current Status
    Season stuff is done, I've added a bunch of people to the LF patrol, and my goal is to commit MM & AA stuff by tomorrow.

Next Steps
    I am traveling for a week and a half after tomorrow. Hopefully we'll have a new build with MM & AA by end of month, and I'll start a new contest when that happens.

tolkien, Maniafig, SceoMyntan and 6 others like this.
  2. Reint

Reint Ogre

Sorry to hear about life biting you in the...leg. :confused: Glad to hear that you're feeling better!!

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

On Tuesday evening I was going to post asking Flax for an update, but saw that the earlier post said medical issues so I just kept silent. I know what it's like to think you're over the worst and be wrong.

For the commemorative item... here's how I'd change it:
    Smashing Spin, Ouch!, Bruiser, Hemorrhage, Dreadfully Ill, Battery Explosion

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Took us a bit longer to get the test build up, but it's there, so here's the winner announcement. There were a lot of great items this time around and I want to thank everyone for your submissions. It was a lot of fun going through them, even as I was having a bit of a hard time in other respects ;) In the end Sir Veza's took the cake, and will be a guaranteed drop from Mauve Manticore 28 (speaking of cake...). The scenarios are on the test server now, and should hit the main server soon. I'll open another item design contest later this week.

Congratulations to this contest's winner, @Sir Veza!

Novice Obfuscation
    [​IMG]

Level 8 Common Arcane Skill
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Hmm... a level 25 weapon would be unplayable (requires a great power token), but would you allow a level 25 non-weapon entry?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Potentially, if it weren't overpowered.

9. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Would level 25 items drop from level 21 modules, or show up in the Cosmic Shop?

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah they wouldn't normally drop, which is a potential issue. I can double check with Jon to see if he would allow it.

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

12. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

13. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

What I do (in Edge on Win 10) is go to the wiki for my desired card, right-click the picture, select Copy, return to my post, and paste. I used to hotlink the image which I felt was nicer on forum storage, but besides my own convenience and the small files sizes of the images, I realized the wiki's state will affect my post: 1. when down, so will fall my image; 2. when updated, so will change my image.

Regards, $:^ J

Maniafig likes this.
  14. Octron

Octron Kobold

Thanks for the response so far. As I can see, there are 3 buttons for linking things into my post:

1) "CARD][/CARD]"
    2)" ITEM][/ITEM]"
    3) "WIKI][/WIKI]"

which one to use for what? I figured out, that the card linking thing uses only the name as shown in the wiki (without the url). How to use the others?

Best regards Octron

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I don't think I've ever used the Wiki button; if I needed to link to something other than a card or item I just used a normal link (over by the font buttons).

For cards and items, type the name as it appears in the game, then highlight it and click the button. Or manually type the tags yourself.

For images, you use the Picture button (next to the smiley) which gives you a prompt to type in the URL. In Firefox, I right-click on the card image in the wiki and choose Copy Image Location.

Sir Veza, Maniafig and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  16. Fanturluche

Fanturluche Thaumaturge

For card images, you can also click and drag the images from the wiki to the text box.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'll probably close the contest sometime tomorrow. Thanks for the entries, everyone!

ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.
  18. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Aww, and I was hoping the contest would be open for 25 days. ;)

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Haha :p Thanks for the submissions everyone, I'll try to pick a winner over the weekend and keep yall updated on AA progress. :D

20. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Update!

I have gone through the submissions, laughed at a lot of your jokes and the tricky ways some of you made the '25' theme, and I now have a shortlist from which to pick the winning item. Before that, though, I need to check in with Jon because I'm considering *gasp* publishing an item that contains one or more cards previously not found on items and I want his input. I'll update again with the winning item once I know it. Thanks for the patience, folks!