[1800] Deeply Varied Wizards

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Deepweed, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

This is a 3-wizard deck that's super fun to play as. The wizards are all different; two things are consistent, though: ridiculous damage and ridiculous safety. I wanted to share this because I will not be playing in future days, and I wanted to share this exciting build. I daresay this can be taken to #1 in other map rotations without more than 3 items total modified.

Nothing is more satisfying than dealing 33 single-target damage to a target using an elf wiz, burning alive whole teams, letting all enemies suffer lava, punishing for 10-12 damage, denying line of sight of enemy wizards, and controlling all day. It's just so... killer.

Deadly Elf Wizard
    Scary Fugger.png
    Ridiculously high damage, control, and safety. One of my best character decks as the sheer card synergy, consistency, damage, and reliability (0 dead cards!) proves to be extremely fun.

Hot Human Wizard
    Hot
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Hot Fugger.png
    Who knew you could fit so much fire, control, and safety in a single character? 0 dead cards.

Annoying Dwarf Wizard
    Annoying Fugger.png
    He has everything you hate about dwarf wizards: Telekinesis, blocks, armor, Punishing Bolt, Illusory Barrier. 0 dead cards.

Playing difficulty rating: 6/10. Positioning is difficult, especially versus enemy 3 wizard and 3 warrior teams. The team has so many cushions, though, and is very, very consistent. If you draw a poor starting hand there's a risk getting rushed.

Rarity rating: 5/5. There are many essential legendaries in this build.

Notable items:
    Corrupted Feystaff: To me this item is wondrous. It has so much cheap damage at range 6 for little cost and has no dead cards.
    Rust Creature Gland: Extremely slot-efficient tokenless armor removal.
    Cape Of Dark Magic: As you may notice only the dwarf does not have it. This allows me to reliably switch the positions of characters to alternate taking damage. Also, free draw!
    Boxton's Red Pendant: Actually not as bad one might think. It's hard to get control on wizards so having Telekinesis instead of Glob Of Flame is totally worth it.
    Festive Robe/Perrio's Kinetic Robes: Very ideal on dwarf wizards that take the frontline.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. hello world

hello world Hydra

Never played tripe wizards, copied this build and got something like a 75%+ winrate with bots disabled, going from 1500 to 1700.

Just fyi since there are discussions about wizards being bad right now.

I have a couple of ideas about why it is so succesful, and I'm curious if part of it could be adapted to other rotations, still, wizards aren't that bad, at least right now.

EDIT: I think I got an 81% winrate.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

will try sans dwarf then.

EDIT: roughly 50% without dwarf. oh well.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  4. Where can I find the Acquisitions Incorporated cards??
    Sorry I'm pretty new to game and can't find more detail on the Wiki

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Loot drops are not based on expansion set. In MP all items can drop, in SP items drop based on adventure level +/- 3. And if you're looking to buy in shops, shops are arranged by item level as well for Common and Uncommon items. The only shops that have Rares and rarer are Randimar's and the Daily Deal.

6. lol....spamming telekinesis isn't really "Deeply Varied" :p

Maniafig likes this.
  7. Sir Kookus

Sir Kookus Mushroom Warrior

Like the team, I have all the items but 2. My main problem is keeping the elf and human alive. Advice?

8. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Sir Kookus, sometimes you just have to do the math. You count how far their wiz can move to, and then count six squares away from that (six is the magic number for wizards to do high damage. Even if they run range 8 frost, such cards are much rarer to draw. The only other concern with range 8 is wall of fire).

Go back to basics. Rotate damage. Put one wiz at frontline one roundm, then retreat it as it reloads damaging attacks while your other wiz goes to the front. Between yoru illusory barriers / gusts /TK, you should also have no problem keeping high-dmg warriors at bay.

Finally, if you know your wiz is destined to die, retreat him far away from the VP so at least he's done something useful that round (once you've used up his spells).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.