Need help with Mauve Monkeys

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by tolkien, Jun 20, 2018.

1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Fellow Cardhuntrians,
    My next idea for a map is to have three monkeys: zaius, flying, and war try to sequentially beat 5 monsters or sets of monsters. The idea would be that they need to steal an armor, or an attack, or even a move in order to survive the next enemy.
    My question is, what monsters should they progress through, in what order?
    Interesting armor cards: amorphous body, only bones, resistant hide, monstrous hide, mutated chitin,
    Interesting attacks: telekenesis, destructive purge, flatten.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. smg225

smg225 Kobold

One idea/variation: for one scenario, you could give Zaius resistant hide, and the monster has a nonfire/nonelectricity attack which needs to be stolen so he can proceed safely (alternately he has grounding armor, or monstrous hide and silver needs to be stolen).

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

No, you can't control which card is stolen, so you'll probably get something else instead or the monster will have another copy in hand.

Theft-based maps work by stealing a card you need yourself to get to the next area. Let me see if I can find the really great map someone did long ago ...
    Max Security Prison by @Wreckage25
    http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/mauve-manticore-submission-thread.4544/page-7#post-106469

Unfortunately it doesn't work any more because TK got nerfed, but it still has lots of good stealing examples.

(I've been working on an idea for a relay race, where each char has to do something to release the next char.)

4. Prennick

Prennick Kobold

Like @Kalin said, you won't get to choose what card you steal. The only way I see it working sequentially is to block line-of-sight for an enemy like a Practiced Geomanceror an Acid Fiend and then steal their Teleport Other or Telekinesis, which you could then use to propel one of your other characters over some impassable terrain.

If you abandon the "sequential" requirement, you could have some individual cage matches with your monkeys having a shared card pool and stealing attacks/armors that would be useful for those in other cages.

5. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Thank you for the suggestions.
    I was thinking Zaius and two flying monkeys face a chupacabra and zaius has to steal his flight aura in order to move across a chasm that the flyers simply fly over.
    Then, they face oozes and try to steal amorphous body, and then face a Giant Boulder. Then...

Edit: thanks for the link kalin, when im on my computer ill take a look at the old max security prison scenario. I really neef to play through all the ones that haven't been selected.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

So, i was about to post but we had a power failure.
    I was able to make the following enemies work: greenfang wizard, oozes, mantis, tvericus, and boulder. It is very rare to be able to steal what you want.

7. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I may produce this later but the recently published jugglers scenario was better than mine.

8. Gast86

Gast86 Ogre

Came across this thread when working on my steal scenario. It helps if you steal from your own characters, because then you can empty out your hand.
    The map is done, the mobs need work.

Attached Files: