Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Kaffu Chino

Kaffu Chino Kobold

Dehydrate attach to target ; encumber 2 ; range 4 ; target only retains 1 card at the end of round ; target cannot use attack cards

(like a fright card with encumber and mindworm)

2. BORINGO

BORINGO Kobold

Kaffu's Power Kill everyone. Kill yourself 3+. Mandatory action.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Thanks for your ideas, kaffu. I like the idea of dehydrate. I'd prefer it as a negative trait that attaches to yourself with encumber and Mind Worm effects. We don't have a negative trait quite like that currently.

4. Kaffu Chino

Kaffu Chino Kobold

Flu range 4 ; halt ; subtract 3 damage to attack cards you play ; subtract 2 to rolls you do ; saving roll 5+

5. Kaffu Chino

Kaffu Chino Kobold

Blizzard range 5 ; attach an Encumber 2 to affected characters , duration 2

6. Kaffu Chino

Kaffu Chino Kobold

Tsunami burst 1 ; impassable terrain (similar to flash flood, only that it is burst 1 )

7. Kaffu Chino

Kaffu Chino Kobold

Fallout attach a random handicap card to all characters

8. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Ok, next time, try to make only ONE post.
    This is spamming ;)

9. Kaffu Chino

Kaffu Chino Kobold

sorry about that

10. BORINGO

BORINGO Kobold

Spamming? Where?

OneSadPanda and quixote like this.
  11. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Long Ear
    Boost
    Whenever an opponent plays a move card ending adjacent to you, move 1. Keep.
    You think these ears are ornamental? Think again.
    (Elf skill only. This wouldn't trigger on assists like Dash, Team! or effects like Vengeance. It would also stay in hand.)
    Jim...hears someone coming.

Short Lifespan
    Boost
    At the end of each round, if this is the only card in your hand draw a card. Keep.
    Life is short. Play cards.
    (Human skill only. It would stay in hand.)
    Omin...makes the most of his short life.

Wide Beard
    Boost
    Add 1 to dice rolls for armor and blocks. Keep.
    Not my beard!
    (Dwarf skill only. Stays in hand.)
    Binwin...only lost a bit of beard on that one.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  12. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

Cute flavor, @tolkien (and I don't just mean the flavor text). However, note, Jim is human and Omin is "half-elf" (which is just human in this game, although it still puts him closest to getting an elf skill).

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I thought you might catch me on that one. Understood.:)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  14. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

I was told to post this here as well, so I'm following the advice ;)

I was thinking of possible new traits and handicaps, because their strength, is that a character can only have 3 attachements at a time, it's difficult to really break it.
    And I like some diversity in the bad cards that could affect us, heheh. It's interesting to have to adapt our playstyles.

• Vanity: Handicap card. (elves maybe?)
      Trait. Attach this card to yourself.
      You can't be targeted by allies.
      Duration 3.
      "I said to leave everything to me, but they didn't listen, so I left them to themselves."
    • Black Out: Handicap card. (interesting with cone attacks)
      Your field of vision and movement is reduced to 1.
      Duration 1.
      "The trick to avoid tripping is to move veeeery carefully..."
    • Blind Spot: Handicap card. (could fit on armor and shield items)
      Your field of vision is moved by 1 upfront(you can't block or react from the left or right directly.).
      Duration 2.
      "He called those improvements. I swear, I won't let him tweak my helmet for the next battle..."
    • Deaf: Handicap card. (dwarves possibly)
      You are unaffected by Sonic and team-wide effects.
      Duration 2.
      "I figured they had sounded the retreat when I was left alone facing the opposing army."
    • Uncontrollable Rage: Handicap card.
      Your attack cards become Mandatory Actions if there is a valid target.
      Duration 1.
      "It's when I grabbed the handle that I figured it wasn't a simple sword. It's when they saw it through their chest that my allies did."
    • Stress Relief: Handicap card. (could be an interesting option on human skill items with team cards)
      Trait.
      Attach "Deaf" to an ally in range. If there is no valid target, take 2 Unpreventable Psychic damage for each non-movement card in your hand.
      Range 5.
      "You! Come here! Why are you not with the other soldiers!
      Stop lazing around! It's because of incompetents like you that we're stuck here!
      JOHN!!! Where is my coffee!?
      I swear, these recruits are going to make me lose my hair!"
    • Paranoid: Handicap card.
      Whenever another character plays a movement card, immediately face them.
      Duration 1.
      "I swear it! I heard something from behind those barrels! You have to believe me, it's an ambush!
      WAIT, NO! BEHIND YOU!"

And as a bonus, a priest debuff card:
    • Curse of Obsolescence: Attack Card. Magic Unholy.
      Attach to target. Whenever target uses a card with Keep, discard the card afterwards.
      Duration 1. Range 3.
      "'Don't let your opponents find the weak spot! Always change your strategy!' they said.
      Well, at least, it worked before."

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Kornl, PULSEFIRE, visak13 and 2 others like this.
  15. orian34

orian34 Orc Soldier

• Flip out the switches! Utility Card. Magic Arcane.
      Attach "Black Out" to every character.
      Unblockable.
    Would be part of the ghost form pool as well.

16. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Since AA #26 is ending soon, I need to decide which of my ideas to submit. And I made a point of thinking up at least one card for every image, so I have about 30 ideas.

This post will be everything that's too boring or silly to submit.

Boring
    Seduce
    AA-26-1.png
    Silver, Rare, Attack
    Melee Sonic
    Range 1, Damage --
    Attach to target. That character may only target the character or group who played this card. Duration 2.
    Hot Feet
    AA-26-2.png
    Silver, Uncommon, Boost
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 3.
    When you play a Fire card, create and attach a Hot Spot card to a random occupied square. Keep.

The "random occupied" part is hardcoded.
    Short Swap
    AA-26-3.png
    Silver, Rare, Utility
    Magic Arcane
    Range 2
    Choose two target characters; exchange their positions.

The problem with using SwapComponent is that everything is hardcoded except the range.
    Slight of Thumb
    AA-26-5.png
    Silver, Uncommon, Attack
    Magic Arcane
    Range 4, Damage --
    Attach to target. Duration 2.
    [4+] When target plays a Magic card, cancel that card. Saving Roll. Keep.
    Immolate
    AA-26-7.png
    Bronze, Uncommon, Assist/Attack
    Magic Fire
    Range 4, Damage 1
    Attach to target. Melee Frenzy 4. Burning 2. Duration 2. Keep.
    Purging Storm
    AA-26-8.png
    Bronze+, Rare, Attack
    Magic Electrical
    Damage 2
    Affects every character within 5 squares. Discard all cards attached to affected characters.

Silly

Quick Geomancer
    AA-26-2.png
    Silver, Rare, Boost
    Whenever you play a card that creates a terrain attachment, add Cantrip to that card.

I think it's cool that a card like this is possible (Talented Healer triggering off AttachToSquareComponent, and the heal set to 0), but my terrain mages don't want Cantrip... they want cards that waste turns (Howl, cone attacks). It might be useful with Accelerate Time, but I've never even tried to use that card.
    Battlefield Cross-Training
    AA-26-3.png
    Gold, Rare, Assist
    Magic Psychic
    Range 4
    Target an ally. Move one random card from their hand to yours, then select a card in your hand and move it to target's hand. Cantrip.

Nothing in the game lets you select a card in someone else's hand.
    Obvious Distraction
    AA-26-4.png
    Silver+, Uncommon, Utility
    Range 6
    Projectile
    Burst 2. Affected characters reverse their facing. Cantrip.
    Radioactive Spammer
    AA-26-5.png
    Silver, Rare, Boost/Handicap
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 1.
    Whenever you would draw a card from your deck, instead create a random Trait card in your hand. Keep.

The duration is meaningless because you'll keep drawing Traits until it's knocked off (or you die).
    Transubstantiation
    AA-26-6.png
    Paper, Common, Boost
    When you die, create a Morsel card in the hand of your nearest ally.
    Possessed by Ice
    AA-26-9.png
    Silver, Rare, Boost/Handicap
    Magic
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 1.
    Halt. When you play a Cold card increase its damage by 4, then a random opponent shuffles this card into their deck.

Posts are limited to 10 images, so I'll do the second half later.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

More boring
    Exploding Touch
    AA-26-11.png
    Bronze, Uncommon, Attack
    Magic Fire
    Range 1, Damage 8
    Slide Back 1. When this card does damage, it also does 3 Fire damage to you.
    Tag, you're dead.

I wanted the caster to slide back instead, but I don't think that's possible.
    Fallout
    AA-26-12.png
    Gold, Rare, Attack
    Magic Radiation
    All squares occupied by characters become Irradiated Terrain. Duration 2.
    Tome of Plagiarism
    AA-26-13.png
    Silver, Uncommon, Block
    [4+] Block Magic. Take the blocked card into your hand.
    Frontal Assault
    AA-26-14.png
    Bronze+, Uncommon, Attack
    Melee Piercing
    Range 1, Damage 9
    When this card does damage, decrease its damage by 6 if you are behind the target.
    Stalk
    AA-26-16.png
    Silver, Uncommon, Move
    Distance 3
    If you end this Move adjacent to an enemy, attach it to yourself, Duration 2.
    While attached, Melee Frenzy 4.
    Surging Parry
    AA-26-18.png
    Silver, Rare, Block
    [3+] Block Melee. Draw a card. Move 1.

Even sillier
    Sweeping Bash
    AA-26-11.png
    Gold, Rare, Attack
    Range 1, Damage 5
    Damage every adjacent character in front of you. Slide Back 1.
    Disproportionate Response
    AA-26-12.png
    Amethyst, Rare, Armor
    [3+] When you take damage, create a Charged Laser Barrage card and put it in your hand.
    Scholars Without Borders
    AA-26-13.png
    Gold, Uncommon, Assist
    Magic Arcane
    Draw two cards. A random opponent shuffles this card into their deck.
    Countess Jovana's Mirror
    AA-26-15.png
    Gold, Rare, Attack
    Projectile Unholy
    Range 4, Damage 2
    Burst 1. Create a random Form card and attach it to each affected character.

And that leaves me with seven somewhat interesting ideas to think more about.

18. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

I've made a mistake and started playing a certain game again, and that combined with the current Aloyzo's Arsenal, which had me thinking about cards, had me thinking about turning spells in the game into cards in Card Hunter. Not really made to be balanced or viable, mostly to reflect what they do in the original, here is a small sample:

Harm
    Assist, Magic Unholy
    Attach this card to yourself. If your next Melee attack deals damage to a character, that character's health is set to 1. Duration 1 or until triggered.

Agnazzar's Scorcher
    Attack, Magic Fire, Damage 5, Range 5
    Attach to target. Duration 1. At the start of each round, target and each character on a square touched by a straight line between the caster and the target take 5 Magic Fire damage.
    Note: the line would work just like linear spells. I haven't thought too much about details yet, though, but this could be fun. Damage is probably way too much, but anyway. It's not really a serious idea.

Sanctuary
    Assist, Magic Holy
    Attach this card to yourself. You may not be targeted. If you play an Attack card, discard Sanctuary if it is attached to you. Duration 2.

Cloudkill
    Attack, Magic Poison, Range 6
    Burst 2. Affected squares become Cloudkill terrain (at the start of each round, occupant takes 3 Penetrating Magic Poison damage; not ignored by Hover). Duration 2.

Nahal's Reckless Dweomer
    Assist, Magic Arcane
    Draw a card. Discard that card unless it is a Magic card. Repeat until you have drawn 1 Magic card or your deck is empty. Cantrip. Magic cards you draw this way gain Mandatory Action.

Web
    Attack, Magic Arcane, Range 5
    Burst 2. Affected squares become Web terrain (whenever occupant plays a Move card or moves itself, cancel that move, saving roll 5+). Duration 2.

Teleport Field
    Assist, Magic Arcane
    Attach this card to yourself. At the start of each round, place each enemy character within 2 squares on a random unoccupied square within your line of sight. Duration 2.

19. Frostguard

Frostguard Thaumaturge

Polymorph Self
    Assist, Magic Arcane
    Create a Werewolf Form, an Ethereal Form, and a Vampiric Form card in your hand. Discard two of them.
    "Have you ever been sifting through your wardrobe, trying to decide what to wear for the day? It's a bit like that, except..." - Nianne of Burntree Vale

Polymorph Other
    Attack, Magic Arcane, Range 4
    Create and attach a Squirrel Form card to target, then target discards their hand and draws the same number. Free Draw.
    "There are many things wizards won't ever agree on. In fact, most things. But if they ever agree about something, then it's that this spell is nuts." - Halpin Halfstaff

Squirrel Form
    Trait. Form. Duration 2. Keep.
    Whenever you would draw a card from your deck, instead create a random Squirrel card in your hand. Keep.

Squirrel Form cards:
    Scamper
    Acrobatic Flip
    Hard To Pin Down
    Energizing Move
    Jump Back
    Fleet
    Dodge
    Reappropriate
    Wild Run
    Skip
    Squishy
    Fright
    Vulnerable

I went with Squirrel Form for reference; if you want to refer something else, you could get Frog Form (possibly gets a Leap, loses Reappropriate), or Sheep, which gets... I don't even know what. (Cloth Armor, anyone?)

As another note, obviously not made to balance.

Tinkerer
    Boost
    Whenever a card you play would create a laser card in your hand, or whenever a laser card would create a card in your hand, create two of those cards instead and you immediately discard one of them. Keep. Duration 3.
    "It might not be the height of invention, but it does what I want it to."
    Note: The awkward wording is to make sure it works with Push the Button, Pull the Trigger, and malfunctions. (Or we could just give Push the Button and Pull the Trigger the laser subtype anyway.) As with Polymorph Self above, I was worried about the selective discard, but Inspirational Thinking does that already - plus it's not like these will ever be coded into the game anyway.

Savage Strikes
    Boost, 4+
    Trait. Attach this card to yourself. Duration 2.
    Whenever you deal Slashing damage, create and attach an Open Wound card to all affected characters. Keep unless 4. Duration 2.
    "Yosik Songsword's opponents sometimes pale in response to his strikes. No, it's not a sign of shock."
    Note: Probably could be an attachment that prevents healing and deals damage over time, but bleeding isn't a damage type in the game anyway.

Pinning Strikes
    Boost, 4+
    Whenever you deal Piercing damage, create and attach a Trip card to all affected characters. Keep unless 4. Duration 2.
    "Catch me if you can!" - Vek the Vile

Concussive Strikes
    Boost, 4+
    Whenever you deal Crushing damage, all affected characters discard their oldest cards. Keep unless 4. Duration 2.
    "You seem sorrowful. You need to forget. I could help you." - Thraxar the Slaughterer

Sweeping Strikes
    Boost
    Whenever you play a Melee attack that targets only one character, you may choose up to one character adjacent to the target as an additional target. If either target blocks the attack, no character is affected. Keep. Duration 2.
    Note: I admit it's a bit far-fetched but I really was just thinking things up. In any case, the fact that the entire attack is cancelled on both targets if only one of them blocks it might offset the bonus. Maybe it could subtract from the damage of the attack if two targets are chosen.

Large Shield
    Boost/Handicap
    If you are not adjacent to blocked terrain, add two to your block rolls. If you are, subtract two instead.
    "There's a fine line between a shield and a wall." - Captain Cedric Cleavehorn

Vigilance
    Boost, 3+
    Whenever an enemy targets one of your allies with a card, if you can see that ally, you draw a card. Keep.
    "Warning: Touch the master and lose an arm, meatbag."
    Note: This is more in line with the defender archetype I made a thread about ages ago. I thought that dealing damage to attackers would dissuade enemies from attacking the non-defender character, but I completely overlooked the option to do this - attacking them would make the defender draw a card if he's in line of sight. Seems potentially useful though I guess needs to be balanced.

Protector
    Boost
    Whenever an ally other than you takes damage, you Move 1.
    "Hang in there! I'm coming!"
    Note: Ditto.

Vengeful Fury
    Boost
    Melee Frenzy 2. Whenever you take damage from an enemy card, add one to the duration of this card.
    "Some people just need you to give them some time."

Litany of Hate
    Assist, Projectile Sonic
    Create a Blind Rage card in the hand of every ally within three squares.
    "You'll find that only the most unpleasant things are contagious."

Feign Death
    Assist
    Attach this card to yourself. You may not be targeted. You may not play this card on full health. Duration 1 or until you play any card.
    "And you thought your acting experience wouldn't be useful in combat."

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Kornl, ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.
  20. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

@Frostguard, Squirrel Form is hilarious. $E^ J (also funnier when one recalls that Squirrel Form can pull the Move card Scamper, and the Push card Scamper, Team! features squirrels $}^ J ~devious chuckle~) For Tinkerer, what about merely "Whenever a Laser card would be created in your hand"? (or, "Whenever a Laser Malfunction or Laser Attack would be created in your hand") This way, it covers Attacks going wrong, Push/Pull the Button/Trigger, Rocket Dash going wrong, Laser Block, and even hilarious moments of Rad Pulse giving a char a Malfunction... $:^ ] (not to mention more forward compatibility with Laser hijinks)