What's your favorite tokenless helmet?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Taudis, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Galvanized Zombie Helm

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Crusty Helm

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Chapeau of the Afflicted Artist

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Outgrown Helm

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Captain Cedric's Helm

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Taudis

Taudis Kobold

I alternate between tokenless helmets a lot and was wondering if people have one they lean towards or if they choose more based on build.

Galvanized Zombie Helm
    PROS:
    - Lunging Bash is an amazing card. Movement is nice, control is great, and it's another card towards hitting that critical mass of attacks on a warrior.
    - Nightling is so often a free cycle.
    CONS:
    - Spiked Mail isn't a good card. It's not consistent enough, armor 2 really isn't enough if it's not reliable, and the damage possibility can be a liability in the case of Martyr's Blessing and its ilk.
    - Nightling is really bad when it's bad. Inquisitor's Morningstar, Gusting Feystaff, and the Vengenace weapons are all played regularly, and that's not even taking into consideration the dedicated silver builds.

Crusty Helm
    PROS:
    - Great armor. Reliable Mail is definitely reliable, and Hardy Mail works often enough that I'm not sad to draw it.
    CONS:
    - Obvious Maneuver is pretty much the worst drawback that's still playable. It's hard to define how bad it is because it's so dependent on how both you and your opponent play around it.

Chapeau Of The Afflicted Artist
    PROS:
    - Howl has a lot going for it. The werewolf pool is good enough to deckbuild around, and lifegain and pseudopassing are both handy on a warrior.
    - No bad cards (Toughened Hide Strips are borderline, I guess).
    CONS:
    - No deck thinning. Sometimes you really need to draw from your own deck.

OUTGROWN HELM
    PROS:
    - Everything I just wrote about Howl x2
    CONS:
    - That damn Encumber 1 on Ill-Fitting Armor.
    - The same deck thinning issue.

Captain Cedric's Helm
    PROS:
    - It's got the best armor package of any tokenless helmet.
    CONS:
    - It has nothing else.

2. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Good analysis! For me, it's the Chapeau. I really like Dodge and this is the only tokenless helmet with it. It's also great at healing with 2 out of 3 cards that can heal, and with the last card being an evasive card, it's an amazing defensive helm.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I will also sometimes run Gouging Helm with an Elven Manuevers warrior. I tend to pair Shimmering Aura with parries for well-rounded protection.
    Otherwise i run chapeau but only have 1. So it's outgrown helm for the other two warriors.

4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Chapeau for me.