That funny beta moment that makes you go "snap!"

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Pengw1n, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Have you had any of those? Where something odd (but awesome or horrible in an intentional or unintentinal fashion) just happens due to card rules? I just had one of those when a gobling grunt reflected my telekinesis - so my mage (who was out of move cards) managed to get behind him so he couldn't block my next attack. Awesome, but can't say it was planned - and made me realize there must be more people that have had these kind of moments. Makes you realize you can actually PLAN for these things...

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Having monkeys duck firestorm while I'm immune to fire and trying to kill them fast only to have them cast it right away always made me grin

3. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Having my priest use impenetrable nimbus on himself, and then cast time snap to make it last longer... and have an enemy reflect the time snap, so the nimbus gets another extra turn!

I've also had a priest try to kill an enemy with unholy frenzy, get it reflected, and thus manage to buff himself.

4. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

... and then there's those moments when you think "uh, what did I just do" when you for example hit a guard from behind with a penetrating attack.

5. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

6. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Unholy frenzy on Goblin King with double Raging Strike - priceless 7 dmg :)

7. OOO

OOO Kobold

I just had a situation where an opponent with had Path of Knives cast on him. I hit him with a spark, which he blocks, which causes him to move back a square which cause him to take damage from the Path of Knives which sets off the plates again, so he blocks and moves back again and so on and so on until he finally takes damage and is far enough away to not be threat anymore!

Rorre, Jon and Zalminen like this.
  8. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

fireball on 3 berserker goblins, they had 3 raging strike. +9 damage sankyu :D

9. Pengw1n

When Melvin's AI used Winds Of War to move one of his dorfs on to a victory square - and no, it can't have been accidental I had no characters in his LoS. Really impressed that the ai could use it that way.

10. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

A miss click of the Shifty Stab or Lunging Thrust step move left me with no option but to attack on of my own party members. Could not find a way to cancel the attack. Not sure if this is intended or not.

11. Pengw1n

Lol yeah, that's always a bit painful. Done that myself on a few occasions, especially when you have step cards with more range than 1 and miscalculate the distance - and your party member happens to be idling around close by. OUCH.

It's under consideration atm I think. Step cards cause the attack to be non-cancelable if there's a valid target, also step is not affected by encumberance and other stuff like that, so might change - or might not.

12. Malliki

Malliki Kobold

ever seen a moonwalking trog?

step 1. cast path of knives on a trog gouger, make sure he has at least 1 crude plate armor (hilarity increases with the amount of plate armors they carry)
    step 2. force them to move either by a bash or similar card or get within their comfort zone so they do it on their own.
    step 3. watch the gouger put mr jackson to shame as they skid across the entire map, as far as it allows.

13. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Toward the end of a battle with a Bronze Golem, I had a couple of Misguided Heals so I thought I'd heal up before the next round -- forgetting that my priest was using Unholy Wellspring so I was doing 6 damage to heal 4. I killed my own character. And, in horror, passed and missed my chance to use the other copy to kill the golem even if its armor had triggered. Not a shining moment in the annals.

14. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Last battle of Beneath the Frozen Earth with all the Trogs shamans (6 HP)

Initial hand of Wizard includes Firestorm and one long-range spell (one of the sparks.

The spark hit one and no armor shows up...

Easiest fight ever.

I'm still really tempted to just amass Firestorm + Spell Train and have some sort of Mexican Showdown with each map (obviously not with 1 HP party/no party death challenge)

On a less impactful, but I find /facepalm worthy was my warrior, having Ill-fitting Armor and Heavy Plate on her (elf) used the green card that get you 2 armor or draw/discard 6.

Then I got my other Ill-fitting Armor and Heavy Armor.

And so she spend that turn being virtually invulnerable but also sitting there looking silly.

15. Shoat

Shoat Kobold

Word Of God + Savage Curse + Resistant Hides + one or two Firestorms to instantly clear an entire battle that I would have otherwise lost. Needless to mention that only my mage survives this.

Also, sitting in a corner that a big monster (it was an ogre I think) can't reach with my 1 HP Warrior, poking him to death with the 3 spear cards I have in my deck over the course of 30 turns.

Also, my jaw dropped once I found a staff that had a "Rocks fall, everyone dies." spell (Rockfall). And I'd use it even if it wasn't as strong as it was.

Hexyz likes this.
  16. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

I Enter a battle with the warning "server is shutting down in 10min"... (after 5 min) I start to think "hmmm I don't gonna make it :( " (after 2 more minutes, 7 total) I was thinking " This is looking good! maybe i'm gonna make it :rolleyes:" (after 2 more minutes, 9 total) "OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! PLAY FAST PLAY FAST PLAY FAST!!!! :eek: "
    and nope I didn't make it -,-""

Hexyz likes this.
  17. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Obliterating strike with all out attack combo on the emerald dragon. He didn't last long after that

18. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Melvin using whirlwind when he had superior position on the victory squares to prevent me from killing his wizard. I ened up with 2 allies on the victory squares and his wizard was still in striking distance with a stab.

Also melvin attacking my warrior with powerful hack buffed with blind rage and unholy power being reflected back on his character killing him outright after moderate damage being done to him.

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Killing surgeon round 1 two times :p