[Musical Chairs] Exterminators

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Gingrich Yurr, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

When life gives you this:
    Guns.PNG

You make this:
    Fat Cat x3
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

A very strong mix of offense and control, currently with a 100% winrate. Scatter Laser really deserves its Emerald rating in the right situation. You can regularly hit all 3 enemy characters in Musical Chairs for an average damage of 18 in total. I took a triple human warrior team from full health to dead in one round. They only managed to kill 2 of my wizards in the meantime. Silly warriors. Force Cones from Repulsor Raygun are also great for moving multiple warriors away since they like to gang up on one guy. The only real weakness of this build that I can think of is armor, which is why the excessive amount of armor removal. Here's how a typical game goes:

Round 1: One or two wizards will be targeted by enemy warriors. Control any warriors who try to rush you away, again and again. The rest of the wizards, waddle to the chairs.
    Round 2 onwards: Unmolested wizards move to centre for perfect firing position. Blast away. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the rounds until everything is destroyed.

As for teams with wizards, they'll be dead so fast you'll wonder what happened.

This build is fun, unique and powerful, everything you could ask for. If you somehow have the staves for this, do try it out.

2. smg225

smg225 Kobold

Tried it out (I only have 2 bug zappers, so one of my wizards got a richie's frigid laser), won a game against yyets. fun!

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  3. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Thanks for the inspiration to get back in league games! :)

I only have 2x Repulsor Rayguns, so I had to make some adjustments. While Scatter Laser is quite powerful in this league, I like to be able to stack my damage on a single opponent, so I changed the other staff as well. ;)

Went 1 - 3 with this modified build:

Game 1: Lost 5 - 6 against triple nimble dworfs. Vengeance sucks and I was quite rusty, but surprisingly close game.
    Game 2: Lost 3 - 6 against 1wiz/2wars, Subtle Positioning sucks.
    Game 3: Lost 1 - 6 against triple vampires. Did I say that Subtle Positioning sucks? I think Venerable Positioning might suck even more.
    Game 4: Won 6 - 0 against 1-1-1 with an elf wizard. So yeah, not my proudest victory, but I take that epic chest anyways.

Urist McMagician
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Urist McSorcererer
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Urist McConjurer
    Level 24 Dwarf Wizard

Inquisition Bolt is pretty nice, but Silver Lightning doesn't have enough raw damage. I might switch one out for another ManMelter or something else, if I ever feel like doing a second iteration of this party.

Gingrich Yurr likes this.
  4. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

What does 5-6 mean?

5. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

You have five stars, enemy wins with 6

6. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

This build is the reason why, whenever I'm tempted to swap out Hawkwind's for Absolem's, I keep the Hawkwind's

7. Gingrich Yurr

Glad I could get you back to playing this league, Pawn :). Sad to hear the results, though. I've not faced any vampires yet so I can't comment on the matchup but I expect it is pretty tough, maybe even the toughest matchup. Really need to get all your control to win I suppose. And Vengeance warriors are definitely tricky, but I've found that they don't give me any more trouble once they've been blasted into the ground :p

Pawndawan likes this.
  8. Gingrich Yurr

After another round of 4 wins, 3 of them blitzes and the last one losing only 1 star for a total of 23 stars, I have to conclude that this build is pretty OP. The single star I lost was to a game against Immovable, Werewolf warriors. That's right, my control was helpless against 2 of the warriors that drew Immovable early on, and somehow, not only did I win, I only lost a single star. Crazy.