Death Defying Duo

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Kalin, May 29, 2018.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Pre-Battle:
    Something something ritual something three artifacts hidden in a series of pocket universes something something...

Something extra brainy kind of guy something brought along a clone to help something...

Post-Battle:
    Profit!

defy-e.jpg
    Tags: noNonMinionKillPoints

An early version had 4 jars to smash, but that seemed a bit tedious.

During one playtest I hit a bug where my second brain could not play Reanimate to revive my first brain. Clicking the card did nothing (I skimmed the logs, but didn't see anything). But the next round I could play the card fine, and in fact revived him twice in that round.

Attached Files:

Prennick likes this.
  2. Prennick

Prennick Kobold

Quite clever! The first time, I didn't think about intentionally killing one of my captains to reanimate him in a different sector, so I managed to beat the level using only radioactive pulses (a bit irritating, since I got two Walpurgis Nights that meant I had to just pass for 2+ turns straight while I waited for the bloody form cards to time out and get back to my normal draw deck). I would consider replacing the roach with a second servant; we're already very reliant on the RNG to just make it to the right area on a reanimate, and the roach being capable of knocking out the 5hp zombified brain is going to make people break their keyboard.

Also, the sector furthest south is missing its lower doodads.

Pawndawan and Gingrich Yurr like this.
  3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Contrary to the song, suicide is sometimes painful. In this case, painfully slow. I blame the afterlife.
    My first reanimation took me to a higher plane, which many espouse is not the destination of suicides. Imagine my surprise.
    I quickly achieved solitude in the higher plane, and began contemplating my next suicide with lowering hopes.
    My alternate self succeeded first, via the Chernobyl method, but remained in the middle world. Revisiting the same method gained a damaging trait enabling him to be reanimated...
    ... into the higher plane. Drat.
    Things progressed more rapidly once our initial murder-suicide pact could be resumed, but the next six reanimations led to the same plane. I began to suspect our sense of direction was reversed. <shudder> Could it be that the anti-suicide lobby was indeed correct, and I'd simply missed the part about the higher plane being reserved for cockroaches?
    Fortunately, the moral quandary did not interfere with my pursuit of mutual (but non-simultaneous) destruction, and the next reanimation brought the long-awaited cockroach into view. Huzzah!
    Victory quickly followed the dealing of cards.

My next attempt, unsurprisingly, went much more quickly.

This scenario is very difficult to lose, but I like the puzzle.

Prennick and Pawndawan like this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'm considering breaking the symmetry to disable the nuclear option. (Or I could stop being lazy and push the boards farther apart.)

Actually, it is using the doodads intended for "homemade" maps. Take a closer look at Melvelous or Cockroaches.

Prennick likes this.
  5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm avid practitioner of laziness, but I like this idea.

6. Prennick

Prennick Kobold

Well, now I feel silly. Carry on, mapmaker!