Smithy- Build your own Items

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Juxtapostion, May 21, 2015.

1. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I like the idea of having Reliable Mail in a werewolf deck, since reliable can protect from silver :)

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I would like and expensive versione with 2x All Out attack instead of officer harness, since weapon almost never have armor, other than polearm slash i think very nice this idea for a dagger to wield on the offhand maybe :)

3. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

that would make sense.

4. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

I realized the big problem with payback time (both of them) were the fact that Duck, a dwarf race card was on there, which could be awry for balancing. So I changed the weapon.
    Payback Time:
    double major token
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    retalitory mutation is kinda OP but I couldn't really think of anything else. Hopefully the idea of 4 clumsy will prevent people from abusing 2x mutation

This martial skill is probably balanced for a minor token though:
    Coward's Mutation
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  5. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I see a problem with Shifting block: There is no staff and no wizard item that allow a wizard to transform in other form, only some human skills. It is a good idea allow a wizard to Morph in a zombie! :)

6. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Considering their natural HP disadvantage, Wizards overall probably benefit the least from forms. So from a 'could this be overpowered' perspective, I see no alarms going off. From a 'would I ever seriously use this' perspective, Shifting Block pretty much kills an item for me since I'd generally rather have my own deck over most of the decks Shifting Block offers, especially on a Wizard.

7. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

Are you mad?

8. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I mean that since Shifting block is a weak card there is no reason to forbid it for wizard, maybe someone want to play for fun with a wizard that can morph in zombie. I know very well that in good deckbuild Shifting block is always useless, since you are trading a wellbuilded deck with a random deck. But there is no need to forbid it, since it is not a way to abuse of that card. Of course Flaxative told me when CM was in test that Shifting block can become much stronger in future introducing new form...so maybe having it on a wizard may be too strong in a future :D

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Hmm. Boulder form, maybe?

10. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I think that such thing are work in progress, i don't know :D

11. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Aloyzo's Birthday Cap
    helmet
    Ready To Strike, Birthday Present, Birthday Present
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Or an item...

Red Shirt
    level 3 Martial Skill
    Taunt, Unlucky, Vulnerable
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Technically level -3 because Taunt is tar paper quality for warriors for some reason.)

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Sir Veza, tolkien and Stexe like this.
  13. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Wouldn't it be -6 then?

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Sorry, paper quality. I was posting in a hurry and didn't convert it properly.

15. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

As quite possible the only person who likes Bug Zapper 2000, I thought of a semi-serious item I would enjoy using.

Staff of the Scatterbrained
    Level 21 Staff
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Before making the item in the post above, I worked on a divine weapon with the same two themes of "autonomous" and "card from every set" but set it aside because I thought it would be easier to find appropriate cards for a staff.

When I realized I was wrong, I went back to the divine weapon and made an effort to only use slot appropriate cards. This meant mostly ignoring the first theme, but that was fine since that was only there to justify the presence of Ready To Strike. It also meant fudging a bit on the second theme since two of the sets don't have any divine weapon cards.

The result is a silly but mostly appropriate item that looks nothing like an anniversary.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Sir Veza likes this.
  19. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Here's my stab at it:
    Bow of Rain
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge