What would the fifth form be?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by tolkien, Mar 29, 2018.

?

What should the fifth form be?

1. Inquisitor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Angel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Demon

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Ooze

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  5. No way! I hate form cards already. Enough!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

It has been alleged that Shifting Block might open up another form for us.
    What would some possibilities be for that form and its cardpool? Dragonform? Demonform? Angelform?

Angelform card pool:
    Vengeance
    Shield Block
    Sparkling Cloth Armor
    Boosted Heal
    Silver Bolt
    Punishing Bolt
    Punishing Strike
    Wings Of Faith
    Warding Lance
    Wild Run
    Dropped Guard
    Obvious Maneuver

angelform: trait. form. duration 2. you may not be targeted.

2. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

3. hello world

hello world Hydra

4. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Lorewise, any new form cards should be roughly themed around Creatures of the Night to make sense of their innate weakness of Silver cards.

It's a good thing the lore itself already refers to a group who has allied itself to the night that hasn't been implemented!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Witchcraft! Witches are seriously underrepresented in Cardhuntria, they've been referred to as approving of Jovana's eternal night, so it's a shame they weren't in the campaign.

Witches of course are very Combustible, hence why they are often burned at the stake if found out and captured alive.
    Witches are also known for their light weight after many trials where they were found that in order to Fly on their brooms they have to be light enough to be able to Hover.
    Witches can use their brooms both offensively to assail the enemy with Gusts Of War as well as defensively as a means to Broom Block, a block that allows the witch to Push 2 every adjacent character if the block succeeds.
    Witches are very adept at tapping into magic of many kinds, preferring to dabble in the Arcane and Unholy arts with their Spell Skill.
    They prefer to rain down hexes on enemies from afar, using a Witchcraft card to create a random Hex card much like Push the Button does for melee lasers, their favourite being the Arcane Hex which forces the target to discard a card at the start of each round for two rounds, the Hex Of Misfortune which reduces all of the target's dice rolls by 3 for two rounds and the Hex Of Feebleness which makes targets take 2 more damage when they are damaged as well as deal 2 less damage when attacking for two rounds. But these are far from the only Hexes these witches can use, expect Hexes of many elements such as the Hex Of Dissolution from the acid class!
    Witches are very chaotic and have little respect for any order, rules or authority, not even the very laws of nature! As a result, witches come in many sorts and some are not afraid to dabble in the arts of necromancy to Reanimate the dead, while others are inspired by the ancient Blood Cult and use rituals to tear flesh and bleed the enemy dry, a fate even a Jolephian Priest can't subvert...

Anyone with magical talent, both Priests and Wizards, can be a Witch, regardless of whether they are an Elf, Dwarf or Human. The free-thinking spirit of Witches extends to all layers of society and Witches both male and female of all ages are accepted into the Witches' Coven. Their alliance to Jovana might seem tenuous as the Witches don't consider themselves allied to anyone but each other, but they share a vision of a world blanketed in eternal night and unshackled from its current aristocracy.

Basically, Witches are totally radical and should be in CH.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Jovana herself is a witch, according to Karen:
    Assault14-prompt3.2.png
    But yes, we need more.
    Sweeping Block? Should probably only push adjacent chars in front of the witch.

6. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

You are certainly correct @hello world. Man was created good, but after the fall nothing is beneath him morally.
    Well argued and well written @Maniafig. The underwhelming part about witches is that they come out looking like Jovanna as @Kalin has noted.
    Would any form of necessity have Creature Of The Night? I wonder. Walpurgis Night would argue for your case.
    With the inquisitor form that I suggested, ironically, she would damage herself with Daylight if she was in form while casting it.
    I shied away from witch initially, thinking it would be too much like jovanna and ethereals but you're probably spot on.

7. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

Just create a flying Mummy with rays and...sparks and...

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And the AI is stupid enough to use Daylight when the inquisitor (and all her allies) have forms attached.

tolkien likes this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Form: Revenuer (Interdimensional tax agent)
    Default Move: Slither (Move 3, Free Move.)
    Cards:
    Confiscatory Blast - Magic, Unholy: Range 8, Dmg 0: Target transfers all gold and silver cards to caster.
    Garnish - Magic, Unholy: Range 6, Dmg 0: Attach to target, Duration 3. Target draws 1 fewer card at start of round.
    Mass Audit - Magic, Unholy: Trait. Reveal all enemy cards. Draw a card.
    Impound - Magic, Unholy: Range 6, Dmg 4: Attach to target, Stun, Duration 2.
    Blood from Stone - Magic, Unholy Geomancy: You and all allies Heal 4.
    Tax Lien - Magic, Unholy: Range 6, Dmg 3: Attach to target, Duration 1. Target may not play magic or attack cards.
    Interpretation - Magic, Unholy: Range 6, Dmg 0: Attach to target, Duration 2, -3 to all die rolls.
    Aura of Authority - Armor 4, trigger 3: Does not affect silver damage.

10. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Looks like someone had a bad audit

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Nope, just a matter of principle, and a comment on the felonious practices of the US IRS.
    It also seems like a scary enough monster to me.

(If a bot finds this, then I'll get audited.)

Edit: I was initially thinking of Terry Pratchett's Auditors of Reality, but didn't want to blatantly infringe.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    PULSEFIRE and Happenstance like this.
  12. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

Very forward-thinking, the Jeweler will need its own form card after all.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

A link for those unfamiliar with the Jeweler.

14. vitreo84

vitreo84 Goblin Champion

I think demon... that can use Demonic Power or Wellspring.

15. quixote

quixote Orc Soldier

A Chupacabra with sonic powers

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Chupacabra, leave my goat alone!

PULSEFIRE and quixote like this.