Legendary find!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Jan 12, 2013.

1. peasant

peasant Kobold

This was my first legendary find... FIREBALL FIREBALL YOU ARE ALL DEAD
    legendary.png

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Sorry to tell you but fireball is only 8 damage at most and people have more hp then that in pvp also if you do that you will hit the whole map including your self:p

3. peasant

peasant Kobold

It's no fun unless you are blowing up the entire map and making it a hp race with mass fireball and firestorm spam :)

irongamer likes this.
  4. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Actually the most you can squeeze out of fireball is 16 damage, but that precludes this item.
    A cleric can provide +10 total damage(two different +4 unholy buffs, and a +2 word of god buff).
    Firestarter is +2.
    6 base damage(4+2). The optimal set is both +4 buffs and either +2. Doing either 14+2 damage or 12+4.

I'm ignoring any self-inflicted debuffs here, like vulnerability.

Indeed I've managed to max a fireball(two +4 buffs, and firestarter).

EDIT: Fixed. Forgot 3 buff limit.

5. Needs more fire.

6. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Someone is onto my strat... *quickly changes cards*

7. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Well, you can do that +10 from priests buffs, then get lucky with Inspiration and getting both Kindler and Firestarter from the draw.

Which means when your fireball burn, it'll do 6 damage, for a total of 20 damage in a single Fireball.

8. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Well, 19, you gain an additional 3 damage, not 4, so the burn is for 5. Though if you want to be really silly you could turn it into semi-infinite damage with repeated applications of extend/time snap. ;)

9. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Just found a legendary treasure called Iron Crown doesn't seam very legendary to me so am i missing a fantasy reference?

10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Iron Crown Enterprises? Named after the crown of Morgoth?

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Never heard of it before but thanks for reassuring me that they devs are doing a phenomenal job!

12. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Well, I'm just guessing! It COULD be a reference to Sauron's pappy - or just... some random iron crown. Dunno... :p

13. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

No Iron Crown should be Legendary. It's freaking Iron!

14. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Well, if we think about it, how often is a crown, something that's a sign of royalty, is made of such mundane material such as Iron?

We always see it covered with jewelries and gold, but rarely do we ever see a crown made of Iron.

So in a sense, Iron Crown (that is used as a crown, not just a decorative piece) is arguably rarer than gold/other expensive metal crown.

15. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Rarity doesn't just translate to value as I'm sure a pie made of squid and donkey is rare but i also doubt i can sell it at any shop for exuberant amounts of money. Rarity is only relevant if the material or item is actually in demand.

16. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I assume this discussion is all in jest, right? I mean . . . a story world tells you that a "seemingly-mundane object" is legendary . . . so therefore there's something you don't know that makes it a legend, like Pengw1n said.

17. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

I must go back on my words. An Iron Crown would indeed be more rare, though value is highly debatable. However, value isn't the topic. Sir Knight would be right in his plea that it is the legend around said item, or it's unique abilities, making it legendary. I recall the members of the table describing it as less then ordinary. Therefore it should not be a legendary.

18. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The new legendary item mentioned in the patch notes i like it
    Untitled.png

19. RoflCat

RoflCat Goblin Champion

Say, since it's Melee attack, dose having Frenzy up make those 'leech' attacks heal you more too?

If so the idea of Inspiration/buff priest (Spell Train) and a combat priest (probably Elf since you'd want mobility to go around stabbing faces rather than the extra buffer with all these lifesteal) might be pretty interesting.

20. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

Yes.

Actually it's pretty fun to lifeleech an enemy for 10+. :D
    There's Mass Frenzy, Unholy Frenzsy, Righteous Frenzy, Blind Rage, Unholy Wellspring, Savage Curse, Frenzy Aura, etc, that can boost it.

Indeed I just started an all-dwarf-priest team, with one priest getting as much lifeleech as possible(without using vampire's blade, bleh), and I have access to Mass Frenzy, Unholy Frenzy, Righteous Frenzy, Blind Rage, and a one-off copy of Unholy Wellspring. It's not uncommon to have +8 from boosts(blind rage, mass frenzy, unholy frenzy).