Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

That's actually an idea I was thinking about since I don't have much experience with the CM monsters except zombies... I'll submit it in a bit.

2. Stexe

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Hydropower Pike?

ParodyKnaveBob and Stexe like this.
  4. Stexe

Interesting idea. Not sure they have hydropower in Card Hunter's world.

Was thinking about something relating to waterfalls or rapids? I might remove the TK to put something else on to bring it down from Legendary to Epic.

EDIT: Wait, they do have high-tech stuff so I guess they have anything / everything.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  5. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  6. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

3. Epic Weapon Level 19 (majortoken)(majortoken)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Werewolves.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  7. Founder

Founder Hydra

No. Just stop and have a think about it. Two card cycling generally positive traits (certainly for warriors), two AoA are unheard of and very powerful, and Vengeance is an extraordinary card. Two of these items would be ridiculously powerful.

8. BUSSM1593

BUSSM1593 Orc Soldier

I love your spirit. Go on!

9. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

most op weapon ever since viscious pain had nimble strike with fly 4 six damage

10. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

@Maniafig I like the addition to the capabilities of wizards here. I also appreciate the homage to the Veridian Dragon who has a score of Resistant Hide that he can draw. (For non mapmakers: veridian is the name of the dragon in the demo in the monster list.)

@Harvet this item is certainly a temptation for my triple vamp teams for whom Vampire's Kiss is both lifegain, damage, and armor removal.

Maniafig likes this.
  11. Founder

Founder Hydra

Both good items and deserving winners. Another boost for acid mages! Hurrah!

Maniafig likes this.
  12. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

The name of my item is an homage to Star Trek but if that runs afoul of copyright issues I have a secondary name which is an homage to @Robauke who made an unlucky laser dash build long ago.

Robauke likes this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

The term "Away Team" was in use in sports long before (and after) Star Trek, so it can't be copyrighted by Roddenberry, so no worries on that account.
    The mention of of Star Trek's away team now has me thinking of a "Red Shirt" (also an uncopyrightable sports term) card, which would result in an untimely (and probably excruciatingly painful) death to the owner if drawn. Similar to Doom, but a personal trait of 1 round duration.
    Enough musing, it's past my bedtime. Good luck to you!

14. Stexe

I'm thinking of making an item with one card from each set. So far this is what I have. Any other suggestions? Thoughts?

Axe of the Ages
    Weapon, Level 17, 1 Major 1 Minor Token
    Obliterating Chop, Ready To Strike, Inquisitor's Strike, Laser Strike, Pressing Bash, Battleaxe Block

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Was thinking of changing Pressing Bash to Sundering Strike to make it fit a bit more thematically.

Also thinking of changing Inquisitor's Strike to Vengeance, but that might make it too strong with the whole "knock back / move away and then have Ready To Strike hit again."

And Extra Hack is an option over Battleaxe Block but it might be a bit too strong.

Also, we need more AA's for making cards... Ready To Strike is the only one!

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I'd recommend that any weapon with RtS require two major tokens, so we don't see people putting 5 copies of that card in a deck.

Maniafig and Stexe like this.
  16. Stexe

Yeah, good idea. I'll change it up to be 2 Major.

17. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

I agree with @Kalin.
    I think it's a great idea. In fact I put together a whole series in the smithy combining 3 sets at a time.
    RtS on a weapon is cool but I think it fits more with Vengeance.
    Looking forward to see what you land on.

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I agree that RtS on a weapon is cool. I'd love to be able to stack a few, which makes me doubt it will happen. Also cards.csv shows it limited to helmets, but that file has been changed before. (My entry should fail the first cut because it has Smoke Bomb on an Arcane Skill, but it's what I felt like submitting, so I did.)
    tl:dr - Selection seems unlikely with RtS on weapon, but winning isn't everything.

Stexe likes this.
  19. Stexe

Yeah, I doubt it would win due to RtS not being on non-helms. The thing is there are not AA cards except that and I can't fit 6 cards on a helm... :-P

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. Gingrich Yurr

Gingrich Yurr Thaumaturge

Do you all think Cone of Cold would be okay on Robes? Currently there are none, but I think it would be alright, considering that it is on Arcane Items.

Reint and Stexe like this.