The Return of Countess Jovana

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Kalin, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

How do people feel about Walpurgis Night in MM? Would you hate me if the next Mauve Manticore was three battles featuring Countess Jovana?

My original idea was for army vs army battles, but when I tested one today it was super easy (though long). So now I'm considering having the player control a lone assassin instead.

2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

The battle with Jovana was my favourite fight of the CM expansion, I would like at least one battle against or with her in MM.

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yes.
    Well, you asked. ;)

4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Generally I don't like randomness, so I'm not a big fan of Walpurgis Night. Also, I prefer modules where I get to control more than one character.

Is Stench Demon the only monster with Arrogant Armor? Not sure how one would write Stench Demon/Morvin The Malodorous with Jovana, but Arrogant Armor vs. Walpurgis Night might be interesting.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Pawndawan likes this.
  6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Here are some rough drafts of what was originally intended to be the last battle of the module. The Jovana version is for @Maniafig and the Yurik version is for @Sir Veza. I haven't actually tested either yet (I tested the Jovana version but with 5 Sharkbears instead of Flensers, and 3 each of Priests, Skeletons, and Shades). The Yurik version is the one I'd submit if it's beatable.
    3. Three Kings for Dinner
    Your rule of the lowlands now uncontested, you turn your gaze to the Impassable Peaks where three great kings hold sway.

The fools readily agree to meet you by the river for a "parley"... Heh. Heh. Heh.
    3Kings-JovanaArmy.jpg
    3Kings-YurikAlone.jpg
    Now that all of Cardhuntria bows to the Vampire Regime, you can put Yurik in charge and finally get a decent day's sleep.
    My current plan is to only have Jovana in the second map, which means I'll have to rewrite the story and possibly reorder the battles.

Attached Files:

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yurik can't handle Blizzy's armor, at least not in a reasonable amount of time. So I gave the job to Makhail's ghost instead.

Doomed Diplomacy
    Meanwhile, three great rulers control the Monochrome Mountains. You send Makhail to "parley" with them...

Doomed.jpg
    I guess this means Yurik will have to be the one to fight the Inquisition...

Attached Files:

8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Unnatural Adversaries
    Rumors reach you concerning freakish perversions of nature in the Impassable Peaks. Clearly someone is trying to copy your methods and needs to be taught a lesson.

So you gather some puppies and head out to the so-called "Sky Citadel" to personally remind this upstart what real perversion looks like. As you approach the strangely metallic cave, an inhuman voice cries out in an incomprehensible language:

UNAUTHORIZED BIOFORMS DETECTED IN PROXIMITY TO ACCESS APERTURE S2-A
    SEALING INNER BLAST DOORS
    ACTIVATING MOBILE AND IMMOBILE SECURITY
    REQUESTING SUPERVISOR PRESENCE

Tags: noMinionKillPoints

unnatural.jpg

That was strange, even by your standards. But they're dead now, whatever they were.

And now that all of Cardhuntria bows to the Vampire Regime, you can put Yurik in charge and finally get a decent day's sleep.
    And now it's time to start work on part 1...

Attached Files:

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Okay, so I decided Jovana should try that map solo, and she can beat it with a little luck. I tried a few tweaks to reduce the luck needed, but still only won about half the time, which isn't good for what was intended to be the third map of a module.

So I gave the job to Yurik instead. He also gets lots of Bats and vamp attacks, but doesn't spend most of his turns giving his opponents cards. The bad news is no more teleporting laser turrets, and the good news is ... no more teleporting laser turrets. Some day I'll find a way to combine robots and Walpurgis, but not today.

unnatural-yurik.jpg
    This means Jovana will face off against the Inquistion, so the story will make more sense. And if I return to the original order of battles, then the (individual) enemy difficulty will increase as the randomness decreases, which is good too.

Attached Files: