Pyromancy

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Huey Nomure, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Huey Nomure

Huey Nomure Kobold

Good morning, Hunters! I began playing MP about two weeks ago (currently high 1200 elo), and being aware of my limited perspective about cards and items, I'd like to have the opinion of more experienced players.

I have recently found a bunch of high rarity Fire-related items, namely Staff Of A Million Embers, White Flame, Torching Staff, 3xGaudekki's Orb, Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire. (I have three more Epic items with just Firestorm, but I don't think they really count)

What I'd like to know is:
    1) The best items to build a strong pyromancer with a bit of terrain/position control
    2) Which items from my inventory/lower rarities I should use while I look out for them.
    3) Whether this kind of build requires a specific playstyle to excel.
    I don't expect a full build as a reply, just a few pointers to avoid newbie traps.

For context, I now prefer to use Dwarf Wizard for durability, but I'm thinking about trying out Human to maximize Delegate sources and I could be convinced to switch back to Elf if mobility proves to be paramount; I play a standard three-class team with a Werewolf Warrior and a Drain/Bless Cleric, currently both Human because Delegate, and use Wym's Emberplasm Dress as armor as I wait for Vasyl's. I'm also open to advice about these choices.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  2. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Good afternoon and welcome to Cardhuntria!

I haven't played MP in ages, but I can point you to some earlier threads:
    Other general thoughts:
    • Success of (fire) wizards depend on the map rotation and general meta (what you're playing against)
    • (Fire) wizards are considered one of the most legendary heavy builds to play.

3. Huey Nomure

Huey Nomure Kobold

Thank you for the useful sources!

4. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

In my experience at playing different fire builds, its success largely depends on whether you have firestarter AND a variety of burn spells during a single turn. Also, you'll need boiling armor. So, having a supporting priest which has some draw spells / inspiration is usually a good option.

5. Huey Nomure

Huey Nomure Kobold

Yeah, I was trying to make an aggressive Priest but I should probably switch to support, The human warrior has difficulties keeping up with dwarfs and melee heavy builds too... Thank you for the pointers!

6. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

one thought i considered in my fire wizard builds is that a single fire wizard got high internal synergy with his pyromancer traits, variety of burning spells and his own instant burns. Based on that I outsource as much as possible to the two other teammates,which i consider support and distraction. A second wizard does block checking, control, armor removal, maybe some accelerate time. A priest feeds cards to the fire wiz, protects with remote blocks a la cause fumble. U can unleash hellfire within a round that way, but youre rather teethless, should your firewiz go down.
    In general, eternal werewolf/vengeance/martyr meta made fire a bit weaker then it used to be. Good luck.

7. Sir Kookus

Sir Kookus Mushroom Warrior

I have all the fire realated cards and I build fire wizards all the time. The biggest problem I have is putting to many fire items in the arcane item spot and not having enough telekinis's and winds. Make sure you balance your deck or the wizard won't stay alive for long.