Going Away For A While?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LeisureSuitLoli, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Deepweed

Deepweed Thaumaturge

I will be off for studies, though I might still check the forums every now and then.

2. tghy71

tghy71 Orc Soldier

Alright, I guess I'm back on the forums.

3. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

Thank you for the fun times, Card Hunter, but I can't play this anymore. Things have become too stale, too confining, and there's no impetus to change anything.

I wish all of you the best and only the most amazing matches in the future. My only regret is that my standing is -8, so my total games will never be seen in public again, haha.

In any event, it has been my pleasure.

Sir Veza, ttsukasa, wereviper and 3 others like this.
  4. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Spending the next few days in Vegas. See you guys around!

Sir Veza and wereviper like this.
  5. ttsukasa

ttsukasa Mushroom Warrior

Lately I randomly was disconnected every 2/3 minutes during game play for two weeks, I played an average of 10 games almost every day in spite of this, to the point where i was accidently autobanned for a year because of all the d/cs (which was revoked in 2 hours by support (SO FAST)). Because when I first started this game 4 years ago with my friend Belenus I really fell in love with it, I loved playing and creating decks and facing new decks and new challenges and figuring out ways around them.

As of last week the disconnects stopped happening and I've been able to play stabley. I know its at the end of the month and all and all the metafarmers are aroused with the need to win by any boring means neccessary and scream at anyone who dares say anything is a bit unbalanced about the game, but I don't have the will to wait it out and "hope things change" I have waited it out, I took a year + break before "waiting it out" and on my return I have played about 300+ish games to have a good sample size to judge the state of things on. I've climbed from 1580 to 1699, fallen to 1200s, and climbed back to 1650s, repeatedly and along the entire journey I ran into mostly the exact same decks. Single player mode has ALWAYS bored me from the getgo, so the only real fun I had in the game was in MP but thats gone. So now, even after having support fix my account and all.

I've decided to quit as well, They'll say we didn't want to adapt, but they dont know how many games you've played gulo gulo and how many times you've played through the same painstakingly boring matches over and over again. They'll say we should just copy the meta, but they dont realize that the thought of that is more boring than anything else we'd do. They'll say a lot, but what they don't realize is while they defend it however they must, the game's community gets smaller. For one vocal voice that cares enough to tell others and support why their leaving, there are 10 others who vanish silently. This is a law of retail.

I cared for CH for a very long time, but as things are now I don't see hope in it anymore.

I wish the best for all those I played with and shared fun times with. L8r days.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  6. ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob Thaumaturge

7. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

Just kinda lurking around

Sir Veza and Dark Brightness like this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Greetings All!
    I'm back after more than a year, and it feels like I'm home again! I've lurked on chat a bit, and it's great to see it's still populated by friendly, helpful people. :)
    I'm saddened to see @Lucky Dice and @gulo gulo (with his crew of lovely ladies) leaving. I hope they (and @neoncat , and @Oberon, and…) can at least find time to drop in and visit now and again.
    I should have updated before now, but my friend Ray passed away June 9th of last year. We've finished selling off the livestock, and his father has received some good offers on the rest of the farm. I'm buying the acre with his house on it. On the 24th of this month we'll be celebrating Ray's 63rd birthday with a cookout and kayaking on the river, and a party and jam session at the house. I intend to render myself incapable of operating a computer for the duration of the festivities.
    For the past 14 months I've gotten online about once a week while having dinner at a friend's house, which with socializing usually only allowed time to check the shops, enter a league, and grab the Loot Fairy. As a result, I depleted my treasure hoard to a paltry 69 excess legendary treasures. In the first 36 hours of my new internet connection I've farmed more than 2,500 gold and added a fresh packet of Troll Cigars to the hoard. Not only is this sort of farming more fun than the sort I've been doing for the past year, it smells MUCH better.
    Which is to say, it's great to be back! :cool:

Robauke, Nosgoup, Melancthon and 8 others like this.
  9. ParodyKnaveBob

lol! @ paltry 69 excess legendary treasures $E^ b

Liked for everything but the obvious stuff, last June 9, rendering incapable, and whatnot.

A hearty welcome back, though. ~nod~ $:^ ] And hey, I'm glad you're getting his acre, and that you all can celebrate your friend with good times. $:^ ] (Been awhile since I've gotten to enjoy a good jam session myself! Never even been kayaking, despite offers.. Glad for ya! heheh)

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. Lucky Dice

Lucky Dice Thaumaturge

what

i just have the worst month of my life probably

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm sorry @Lucky Dice , I misread your posts. Brain tired from trying to catch up on a year's backlog of forums, I guess.
    I hope you have happier times ahead.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm off to Texas to visit some old friends and take in a Jimmy Buffet/ZZ Top concert. (Yes, I'm old.) C Ya Monday!

13. ParodyKnaveBob

That's what your picture says. $:^ J

See, I just lazily wind up picturing people to look like their avatars, pretty much like portraits. E.g., mine's seriously an RPing self-portrait from the year 2000, give or take. Likewise, I'm in total agreement with other posters that one of our more infamous guild leaders is most assuredly a gruff parrot-griffin (German accent optional).

Have fun, be safe, lol. $:^ P

14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Absolutely. I was disappointed not to see him among the Parrot-Heads at the show.

15. wereviper

wereviper Ogre

I'll be honest here, I ended up uninstalling the game at this point because its been collecting dust, so to speak, on my computer between having found other games I've been playing on Steam and RL (school and work) but I'm sure I'll still lurk around the forms every so often to see how things are going and maybe one day will come back and play again but until then I'll hang around here and keep up with the community as I can.

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

Imma stuck in China for 9 days, so I won't be doing much.

Sir Veza and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  17. PULSEFIRE

PULSEFIRE Ogre

I'm not going to be around often for a while now, but I will be back in about a month.

18. Dark Brightness

Dark Brightness Orc Soldier

As more or less people have noticed I'm going on big hiatus. RL stuff happened and won't be able to use internet for more than one hour ussually (yay army),so wishing to all of you good luck and I hope once I return for good (Christmas for couple weeks or after 9 months probably) I will see everyone active on one of my favorite games with the best community around.
    Cheers and have fun everyone.
    DB

19. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

My ISP has been bollixed since Wednesday, and now that it's back up I'm heading to NOLA for the parades. Time for me to get rrrrnntttt (essentially ruined, but more torn up) with the Cajuns again.
    Laissez les bon temps rouler!
    C ya Monday.

20. Rohndil

Rohndil Hydra

In case anyone's wondering... I'm still alive, but my laptop isn't. Farewell buddy (2011-2018).