Custom Scenario: Doggy to the Rescue

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by Prennick, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Prennick

Prennick Kobold

That sneaky Lord Stafford and his rotten dog Barque are stealing Master's gold! The servants must be in on it too - they've locked you and your brother in your rooms and made it impossible to get out without breaking Master's special vases. Maybe if the two of you work together, you can find a way to stop the thieves.

It's just too bad that doggies aren't allowed on the furniture...

upload_2018-2-15_14-44-47.png

This is my first attempt at creating a custom scenario, so I'd love to get some feedback from someone with a bit more experience!

Attached Files:

Maniafig likes this.
  2. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

A fun idea! The flavour text works well and the way the map is set up is clever too. I like the way the Phylacteries are used as priceless vases to block the dogs from taking the easy route, very creative.

The map itself is pretty easy to play, there's no time limit so you have all the time it takes to free the War Dog from its room and prepare for an assault on Stafford. He and his Guard Dog can put up a bit of a fight but the War Dog should be able to dodge most of it and take a few hits if needed.

The map looks good and polished too, though the walls are a bit bare, I personally like to put in a window here or there, or maybe put down a furnace decal. I'd also suggest replacing the chairs with the cordon poles from the AI decal set, those work better as impassable terrain than the chairs do and they can still be worked into the flavour text. The broken rubble part of the wall looks good, though the surrounding wall tiles look sort of odd since they don't have a consistent think black outline in some parts.

Prennick and winner like this.
  3. winner

winner Orc Soldier

it is a fun idea

4. Prennick

Prennick Kobold

Thanks for the feedback Mania! I was afraid of overdoing the decorations & doodads, but I did kind of want the side opposite the gold to have more of a "study" feel, so a fireplace would be a great idea there.

I also decided to replace Stafford's Guard Dog with the 2-draw Armored Dog so the combat portion isn't quite as much of a gimmie. The War Dog should still have the advantage, especially with Stafford's AI preventing him from actively entering combat, but it would be a step up both offensively and defensively. I took one of the servants out too - they're mostly just there for the atmosphere, and they were bogging things down a bit with all the fumbles, trips, and team shifts they were playing (to no great effect).

___________v. 2.0______________

That sneaky Lord Stafford and his scary dog Scar are stealing Master's gold! The servants must be in on it too - they've locked you and your brother in your rooms and made it impossible to get out without breaking Master's special vases. Maybe if the two of you work together, you can find a way to get past the ropes they put up and stop the thieves.

It's been a while since you've been in your secret tunnel though, not since Master taught you to stop digging. It's probably fine.

Attached Files: