Aloyzo's Arsenal Official SUBMISSION Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Nov 19, 2015.

1. 3beaner

3beaner Guild Leader

Being a rich ponce, Lord Batford can afford to outfit his manor, and his staff, with the latest gadgets and gizmos that are at the bleeding edge of available technology. Which brings us to the shiny new kitchen gadget he bought for his Chef Garcotto to outfit his kitchen with...the newfangled Microwavinator!

With a simple push of the button it chops your food, heats it, genetically modifies it for 'enriched nutrition' and provides a tasty morsel. Unfortunately it has a short battery life...

2. Founder

Founder Hydra

I've changed my entry slightly, as although it got lots of likes (no doubt for the pun rather than its utility as an item) it didn't really fit the usual rules.

I've therefore changed it to a Robe and have swapped out Leap (what a useless card) for Hover.
    • Swarm of Bats doesn't feature on any Robes yet, but there doesn't seem to be any reason why it can't, given its similarity to reflexive teleport and the fact that Swarm of Bats appears on Heavy Armour already. It fits into the name of Lord Batford, and also fits his cowardice.

• Hover is a stable on Robes. It fits into the 'ford'ing part of Batford. Doesn't fit the cowardice theme very much, but oh well.

• Flash Flood doesn't appear on any Robes, but this shouldn't be a problem given the other terrain effect cards which appear on Robes already.
    The item should be reasonably useful without being overpowered, fits with Batford's name and fits with his cowardice.

I'm not sure about the name, though. Seems a bit obvious.

Any thoughts?

3. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

To be a robe, I would switch out Hover for Cloth Armor. I know that's a Lord Stafford card, but Batford has no armor and you need some armor on there (cf item design guide.) A paper armor keeps the item from being (majortoken) or level 21.

4. Founder

Founder Hydra

You make a very good point @tolkien , so I've swapped out Hover for 'Flight Aura', as that allows me to maintain my 'Bat Ford' pun, and is an armor card (see Alizarin Cloak).

winner and tolkien like this.
  5. Founder

Founder Hydra

Another joke entry I thought about submitting...

BECAUSE HE'S BATFORD!

Boots (level 12 (minortoken), Epic)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

I considered submitting an item called Batford's Utility Cane for similar reasons.

winner and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  7. Founder

Founder Hydra

BATFORD'S UTILITY BELT

Staff (level 10, (minortoken)(minortoken), Epic)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Founder

Founder Hydra

In all seriousness though, I think I should submit a proper entry about now.

How about:

1. Founder
    2. Chef's Hat
    3. Helmet (level 7, tokenless, Rare)
    4. Cloth Armor, Lunging Hack, Ready To Strike
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A bit OP with RtS on there?

There are loads of great chef-related items, but most of them are off-limits to player items (e.g. Everybody Drink! doesn't seem to fit onto a Helmet and dwarf options are too limited, and Morsel doesn't exist on player cards). A dwarf skill could pull off Cloth Armor, Duck, Everybody Drink!, but I'm not so keen on that.

9. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Who? And no, I'm not working on that. Not sure what I want to do right now. Someone took the Martial Skill idea I was throwing around as well as the Cleaver.

I might do the weapon and just submit with slightly different cards that I think are more interesting and viable and thematic.

10. Stexe

I submitted my original idea for the cleaver. I think it has a better chance because it more accurate reflects the distribution of his cards and isn't overpowered with Staggering Chop. Doubt it will win, but I figured I'd just submit something. I can always change it if I come up with something better.

11. Stexe

SceoMyntan and ParodyKnaveBob like this.
  12. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

this actually a pretty good idea xD

13. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

SanPunkrazio likes this.
  14. WexMajor

WexMajor Thaumaturge

Did anyone got the name of my submission? :)

15. tolkien

tolkien Thaumaturge

Here's my unrequested commentary on the latest AA. Flax alluded to the many monster cards on AA submissions.
    Here are my favorites (and ones I prefer to the choice)
    The Batford Cloak added something to the game in a new slot for flash flood and an easier to get swarm of bats which is totally magician territory.
    Blackfang's Teeth had lots of mobility. The all out attack was nuanced by many power 4 attacks, at which it loses advantage almost.

But I really like Garcotto's Cleaver by J3st3ri. Let's be honest, the Fumble counterbalances the Staggering Chop usually. Warrior's need a new discard card since Priests got Vampire's Kiss. Mages already had Perplexing Ray, Short Perplexing Ray, Forgetfulness, Counterspell, Memory Loss, Boiling Armor, Melt Armor, Dissolve Armor, and Acid cards in order to promote discards. Dwarves have Everybody Drink!. Elves have Elvish Trickery. I say it's high time to have a dedicated warrior, general card discard option. Staggering Chop fits the bill in being distinctively warrior-esque whilst a counter to things like Ready To Strike.
    Ever since Vampire's Kiss I prefer priests to warriors since they now have an easy removal. Furthermore, you can mostly use vampire's kiss to your liking. But occasionally you can even vamp an ally with no card loss for yourself.
    This is all to say, give warrior's a break and let them have Staggering Chop. It's not like anyone runs Slicer anyway.

PULSEFIRE and j3st3ri like this.
  16. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

17. hello world

hello world Hydra

Was thinking something like
    Vankenstein's lever
    2 spark of undead, 3 push the button, healing pulse

to handle shades, maybe a purge instead of the pulse, but that might be too good.

mckeen likes this.
  18. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

Hadn't thought about spark of undead to counter shades.... that is a good idea!

tolkien likes this.
  19. Founder

Founder Hydra

Spark of undead won’t help against their attack-discarding moves...

20. Maniafig

Maniafig Thaumaturge

It took a great amount of restraint to not submit Ramses' 30 Heal cards with the name Shadenfreude.

I will out of principle like every Shade countering submission regardless of how much they break the rules though, some causes are worth breaking every rule for.

Sir Veza, PULSEFIRE, tolkien and 2 others like this.