Guys how do u beat coc

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by winner, Jan 8, 2018.

1. winner

winner Orc Soldier

Guys i have a quick question based on coc

How do u beat the caverns of chaos and why is it so hard?

2. mckeen

mckeen Hydra

It is not meant to be easy... It was designed as a final challenge, and the loot is actually pretty good throughout to help you. There are other hints on the forum, mostly in this thread: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/caverns-of-chaos.8281/

I have completed it 3 times, but that took probably about 150 tries. My general advice is as follows: get to know the entropy decks, it is helpful to know what cards you may be getting. You will be outnumbered so try to find ways to funnel your enemies and fight limited ones at a time. Ranged enemies are a pain, and make things very difficult... try and neutralize them if you can. And be lucky! But losing is also fun

ParodyKnaveBob, winner and Sir Veza like this.
  3. winner

winner Orc Soldier

thanks mckeen

4. winner

winner Orc Soldier

Anyone else know why it is hard the coc and any tips on how to beat it

5. caniponu

caniponu Kobold

The coc is ment to be hard, but sometimes when the coc is less hard you can beat it ...

Happenstance and Sir Veza like this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

CoC was intentionally designed to have no-win scenarios. If you don't draw one these, it's possible (but still difficult) to win.
    A design aspect I like is that increased loot rarity applies and improves as you progress through the nodes, so you don't have to beat the whole thing to benefit from playing it.
    A design aspect I dislike is that the weak characters supplied often make it feel like I'm trying to beat hippopotamuses to death with nerf bats, and it takes sooooo looooong. Which I why haven't attempted CoC in many months.
    But I know Flax put a heck of a lot of work into this, and I'm happy to see so many players enjoying it.

esthkol, ParodyKnaveBob and Maniafig like this.
  7. winner

winner Orc Soldier

anyone else know why it is hard and way to beat it

8. Goodwin

Goodwin Ogre

1. it is random enemies and random allies (except first battle) which is why it is so hard
    2. getting to know your decks can be helpful
    3. how to beat it:

DARK MAGIC, winner and Sir Veza like this.
  9. The tips I can give you as a seasoned CoC player (I have finished it over 30 times and reached throne room double that) are:

-Know the decks of your characters and enemies. This is the most important one! If you don't know what cards are bound to come and what kind of attack to expect you don't have a lot of chances. If you are trying to kill Men At Arms with melee, skeletons or oaks with slashing attacks or if you are attacking zombie priests from the front, you are doing it wrong. Take cover when facing ranged enemies like Oak Bombardiers, Sprites.
    -Be patient and don't get frustrated. I was trying for months before I could win the first time. If you press on, you will eventually achieve it.
    -The AI sometimes does stupid things like passing with characters on lava or spikes. Pass too and let them burn. If you can kill an enemy do so right away. If you can save one of your characters, even with 1 health, try to save him.
    -Learn how enemies behave. For example, Robots only have 1 move so after they move you can place hot spots or spikes under their feet. They are also reluctunt to hit you if they see you but hit lots of other enemies too. Keep lots of moves and step attacks and make them hit their own. If Mutants are near you but can't hit you they will most probably use Radioactive pulse and damage and place curses on the rest of the enemies. When facing wyverns, stay away from melee range, stand near blocked terrain, attack from the back and keep an armor disruption spell handy.
    -A lot of people claim that trolls are the worst enemies, or adult wyverns, shades, death elementals... From my experience the killers in CoC are Sprites (and fiends). Deal with them first.
    -Some level layouts are easy to win whereas some others with certain enemies are impossible. Keep that in mind but learn from your mistakes and don't always have the "it was an impossible level" excuse. Impossible levels are throne room with Blizzie and Captain, or open levels with sprites and bombardiers combined with trolls or a totally open one with cameras and turrets.

10. winner

winner Orc Soldier

anyone else

11. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

12. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Same thing as think_panther:
    • read the link above
    • the longer you play the better you get
    • some levels are randomly impossible so don't get frustrated, just accept it and try again
    • I've completed it about 20 times out of probably a couple hundred attempts
    • learn the enemies and prioritise each level according to how badly you can hurt each mob and how badly they can hurt you i.e. you might hit something less threatening with a fire attack because it's drawn combustible, otherwise you're looking at the mobs and the map and taking each group down in order of how dangerous they are. If you have resistant hide, ignore dragons and lightning sprites, etc.
    • always pass when you get a chance, even if you have to discard useful cards. It's a numbers game and the more cards you draw, the greater your chance of surviving. Doubly so if the AI passes while they're on damaging terrain tiles like t_p said
    • tombstones will wreck you because they always have more moves than you think, lizardmen priests are the same because of their curses, archers and crossbowmen are a mighty pain. On the flip side, you can trigger mutants to rad pulse with them hitting only one of your characters and multiple of theirs (plus getting them to draw meltdowns, laser sprays, festering and mad dog), and cake slices = free healing
    • don't get cute with radiation - quite a few times something has died right as it drew festering and wrecked my party, who were standing too close
    • the AI tends to target the closest character, so someone with armour will soak up ranged damage - move them to the front to shield the more vulnerable characters